OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> External display wakes up by BG app activity
vldmr
post Dec 5 2019, 07:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 860,135

I noticed that my external periodically turns on and flash K-9 mail application icon, while there is no actual notification from the app if I open the main screen after that. Can anyone confirm does the included email application shows same behaviour?

I am not using stock email program because I use custom build of K-9 with password protection. So I am wondering if this is something I should look into fixing if the stock app does not wake up screen on checks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom D
post Dec 5 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 815,874

QUOTE(vldmr @ Dec 5 2019, 09:19 AM) *
I noticed that my external periodically turns on and flash K-9 mail application icon, while there is no actual notification from the app if I open the main screen after that. Can anyone confirm does the included email application shows same behaviour?

I am not using stock email program because I use custom build of K-9 with password protection. So I am wondering if this is something I should look into fixing if the stock app does not wake up screen on checks.

Sometimes apps show a notification when the are checking email. You might be able to disable that in the app.

+Quote Post
NormMonkey
post Dec 6 2019, 07:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 860,015

QUOTE(Tom D @ Dec 5 2019, 10:41 AM) *
Sometimes apps show a notification when the are checking email. You might be able to disable that in the app.

In K-9 you can turn this off. It is a setting at the account level (not at the global level).

Account Settings : Notifications : Sync Notifications (notify in status bar while mail is checked).

+Quote Post
vldmr
post Dec 6 2019, 08:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 860,135

QUOTE(NormMonkey @ Dec 6 2019, 09:40 AM) *
In K-9 you can turn this off. It is a setting at the account level (not at the global level).

Account Settings : Notifications : Sync Notifications (notify in status bar while mail is checked).

Thanks much! Did not occur to me to dig into account settings. I hope now I will save lots of battery juice by quieting external display.

+Quote Post
ianisthewalrus
post Dec 7 2019, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 860,822

this issue is somewhat hilarious. when the battery gets below 15% it pops up a notification whenever the phone locks.... which forces the front display to basically always wake up and turn on. draining battery ever faster....

+Quote Post
dubbed
post Dec 15 2019, 08:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 861,372

It is possible to disable those background notifications per-app basis, but it would be great if such notifications could be disabled globally. Yesterday I've turned off background notifications in Airmail, Riot, today google maps is blinking on my cover screen every few minutes...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2020 - 10:35 PM