OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FM radio tuner app?
Grench
post May 24 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 816,120

Has anyone found an Andriod app that uses the FM radio tuner? Everything I am finding is strictly streaming, which misses the point.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vader
post May 24 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(Grench @ May 25 2018, 03:45 PM) *
Has anyone found an Andriod app that uses the FM radio tuner? Everything I am finding is strictly streaming, which misses the point.

I use one called (and I am not joking) FM Radio. It works well - and like all fm radio apps, needs the headphones. I use yalp, so I cant post a link to it.

+Quote Post
Grench
post May 25 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(vader @ May 25 2018, 01:33 AM) *
QUOTE(Grench @ May 25 2018, 03:45 PM) *

I use one called (and I am not joking) FM Radio. It works well - and like all fm radio apps, needs the headphones. I use yalp, so I cant post a link to it.

I found one in the Play store called, "FM Radio" by SMMG. It opens up to a full screen ad then - nothing - junk app. Maybe you have one by a different author?

+Quote Post
DJO
post May 25 2018, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 818,744

Mine came with a radio app already installed (UK). If you're building a fresh Android install look for this icon:
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Grench
post May 25 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #5

Wow! That is actually functional and works. I had never even thought to look for a pre-installed application for this.

File that one under, "I need to RTFM".

OK, so this, "FM Radio" app that was included on our Gemini units. It has no 'About'. Who made it? Who maintains it? Why isn't it present in the Google Play store? Is it open source so we can modify it?

Awesome - thank you!

+Quote Post
DJO
post May 25 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 818,744

QUOTE(Grench @ May 25 2018, 07:49 PM) *

Well as there is no "M" to RTFM it's quite understandable.

+Quote Post
Mr Rimmer
post May 29 2018, 03:42 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 815,863

QUOTE(Grench @ May 25 2018, 06:49 PM) *
Wow! That is actually functional and works. I had never even thought to look for a pre-installed application for this.

OK, so this, "FM Radio" app that was included on our Gemini units. It has no 'About'. Who made it? Who maintains it? Why isn't it present in the Google Play store? Is it open source so we can modify it?

Awesome - thank you!

Seems to come with lots of Android phones that have a radio built in - my Redmi Note 3, which is Qualcom based has the same app.

+Quote Post
Mr Rimmer
post Jan 3 2019, 08:59 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 815,863

Has anyone tried out the radio and noticed that it is only mono?
Either the firmware has been set up that way or the antenna conneciton is too weak/does not have AGC to decode stereo.
It seems that hardly any phones have a working FM receiver these days so would be nice to have this as a backup option.

+Quote Post
gemini_user_j
post Jan 12 2019, 09:00 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 827,849

if you install the f-droid app store, you can find another fm radio app: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/fm.a2d.sf/
I have the f-droid app store, but I never tried that fm radio app

+Quote Post
Daniel W
post Jan 12 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 823,019

QUOTE(DJO @ May 25 2018, 09:04 PM) *
Well as there is no "M" to RTFM it's quite understandable.
Now there IS a manual, http://support.planetcom.co.uk/download/Ge...DAUserGuide.pdf, but as it doesn't mention the FM radio, reading it won't help in this case... tongue.gif
QUOTE(Mr Rimmer @ Jan 3 2019, 05:59 PM) *
Has anyone tried out the radio and noticed that it is only mono?
Either the firmware has been set up that way or the antenna conneciton is too weak/does not have AGC to decode stereo.
The local FM radio station I listened to on my Gemini earlier today, via headphones, appeared to be in stereo. When using the speakers, though, I can't really tell.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 04:11 PM