OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest updates on Indiegogo, Post here the links to new updates on Planet's Indiegogo page
SNi
post Nov 8 2019, 10:57 AM
Post #136

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,682

QUOTE(SNi @ Nov 7 2019, 08:03 AM) *
Received UPS tracking number. According to that my Cosmo in transit from Chek Lap Kok, HK with delivery due by end of day tomorrow...

QUOTE(SNi @ Nov 3 2019, 05:02 PM) *
428 from November 5th, 2018 locked, so may get by first anniversary...

SNi

Delivered, unboxed, have it charging... Gah, have to go exchange my MicroSIM for a NanoSIM...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Nov 8 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #137

Member No.: 91,772

Hey, many thanks, SNi, for those pix of comparison, etc.

What's your initial opinion of the hinge?

Also, when watching the How to Use the Front screen video, I couldn't tell if users could access their contacts to dial out, or whether you had to dial from keypad only. Might you have an answer for that?

Thanks again,
Jake

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Nov 8 2019, 12:26 PM
Post #138

Member No.: 850,543

Update #31 on IndieGoGo

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...62#/updates/all

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Nov 8 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 850,543

Normally Santa will leave on December 24th. From Elf Shop from Korvatunturi

This year, Santa will leave warehouse from Hong Kong on 11.11.

+Quote Post
Daniel W
post Nov 8 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #140

Member No.: 823,019

QUOTE(SNi @ Nov 8 2019, 07:57 PM) *
Delivered, unboxed, have it charging... Gah, have to go exchange my MicroSIM for a NanoSIM...
Congratulations. While I nowadays happens to own a SIM card punch, I've had success in the past cutting down a MicroSIM to a NanoSIM, following this guide https://gosoftworks.com/apps/resources/nano...m/nanosima4.pdf when I went from a (non-Planet) smartphone to another. It might be worth noting that while the larger SIM sizes are 0.76mm thick, a NanoSIM is supposed to be 0.67mm. For my other smartphone, it fit nicely without altering the thickness, but, formally, one should sand it down by 0.09mm.

+Quote Post
pdtpoet
post Nov 8 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #141

Member No.: 823,827

QUOTE(pdtpoet @ Nov 7 2019, 04:53 PM) *
I'm number 329, in the United States (New York, about 30 miles north of New York City). My Cosmo (AT&T) is supposed to arrive on November 8 (tomorrow) via UPS

Just received my Cosmo - looking forward to the adventure.

pdtpoet

+Quote Post
SNi
post Nov 8 2019, 03:07 PM
Post #142

Member No.: 3,682

QUOTE(jakfish @ Nov 8 2019, 12:21 PM) *
Hey, many thanks, SNi, for those pix of comparison, etc.

What's your initial opinion of the hinge?

Also, when watching the How to Use the Front screen video, I couldn't tell if users could access their contacts to dial out, or whether you had to dial from keypad only. Might you have an answer for that?

Thanks again,
Jake

Hinge seems solid, but then I never had any issues with my Gemini... On the front screen when calling you can touch the contact icon and get a list... Scroll through and pick a person, or touch an AZ icon to pull up the alphabet to select a letter and jump to the corresponding contacts...

Hmm, left swipe I get the main menu icons, but when I pick the phone icon it's a little on the iffy side - sometimes nothing happens (I'm tapping the phone icon) and after a period of time the menu disappears... Tried it a couple of dozen times, perhaps 75% success rate sad.gif

+Quote Post
shinkamui
post Nov 8 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #143

Member No.: 823,980

Received my cosmo today. Accessories were included even though that contribution is still in placed status and not locked or shipped. The unit is fantastic. An upgrade in every regard. It feels faster, the keyboard has no sticking points, and the backlight is a huge welcome addition. The front screen is also much smoother and more responsive than the videos up until now suggested. The absence of android 9 gesture navigation is a slight sore spot, and the autodimming is still too conservative. My only other real gripe ootb is that ledison emulation doesn't seem to do anything, though i haven't done thorough testing. Ill reserve further judgement for the 48 hour mark, but I'm happy with the upgrade and feel the money was very well spent at this moment. The make or break for me is ultimately going to rest with OtherOS support, so here's hoping we at least get gemian, kali, and I pray a dalvik enabled sailfish.

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Nov 9 2019, 02:40 AM
Post #144

Member No.: 850,627

@shinkamui One of PC's earlier test videos showed an option to disable the nav buttons in the Cosmo settings app. Normally on Android (9/10) that enables gesture navigation. Try that smile.gif

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Nov 9 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #145

Member No.: 91,772

@SNi--thanks for your follow-up. Glad to hear about the Contacts access on the front screen. Concerned that you're having difficulties working some of the icons.

I wonder what's going on?

Fingers crossed for better news,
Jake

+Quote Post
shinkamui
post Nov 9 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #146

QUOTE(Vistaus @ Nov 9 2019, 05:40 AM) *
@shinkamui One of PC's earlier test videos showed an option to disable the nav buttons in the Cosmo settings app. Normally on Android (9/10) that enables gesture navigation. Try that smile.gif

I could be doing it wrong. The only option I saw was hide navigation bar, and it definitely didn't enable gestures. Just forced me to navigate with the keyboard which is actually worse for my use case smile.gif Can you point me to the video in question?

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Nov 9 2019, 02:23 PM
Post #147

Member No.: 850,627

In that case you're going to have to wait until root becomes available to force enable gestures.

+Quote Post
shinkamui
post Nov 10 2019, 09:28 AM
Post #148

QUOTE(Vistaus @ Nov 9 2019, 05:23 PM) *
In that case you're going to have to wait until root becomes available to force enable gestures.

Well thats a bummer. There are also quite a few little bugs that need addressing. Im definitely looking forward to the firmware dumps to begin.

+Quote Post
Ifanafi
post Nov 11 2019, 10:37 AM
Post #149

Member No.: 817,726

Surprised by UPS email advising delivery Nov. 8th.
Cosmo (perk backer 80#) received Friday evening, the 8th.

Frankly, I am underwhelmed by it.
Perhaps I will, in time, explain why that is....

BTW, some thin-skinned, shite-head and self-appointed moderator? protector? of Planet has (again) blocked my commenting access to the Cosmo Indiegogo page.

So, I cannot post there.

Cheers.

Ifanafi

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 04:08 PM