OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sailfish updates without full reflash
mithrandir
post Apr 15 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,997

Hi,
I am mentally preparing for the Cosmo. I don't want to use Android on a phone for privacy reasons (using Debian on the Gemini, but that is not really an option for using the device as a phone), so Sailfish might be the best option. With this a few questions regarding Sailfish have arisen:

There might only be a community edition available initially. Is it possible upgrade to official without having to reflash?
Is it possible to update Sailfish without having to reflash?
What about X11 compatibility, is this possible somehow?
Hardware support (USB devices) and filesystem support is some kind restricted with the Android kernel. Has anyone tried the modular kernel with Sailfish?

Thx+regards
mith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
idc
post Nov 13 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,860

QUOTE(mithrandir @ Apr 15 2019, 09:01 PM) *
Is it possible to update Sailfish without having to reflash?

Yes. See method 4.2 at this weblink: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201836347
I just did this yesterday in order to update from 3.0.13 to 3.2. It went very easily and took about 45 minutes, I think. (I didn't time it, but it felt like less than an hour.)

Ian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2020 - 05:20 PM