OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> There IS a useful AGENDA app for the Gemini
Dixit
post Jul 21 2018, 02:03 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,751

I am still hesitating between Calengoo, aCalendar and Business Calendar. With the disadvantage that Calengoo cannot be 'try before you buy'.

Quick question: is there already a version out-of-beta (i.e. the version on Playstore) that has keyboard shortcuts ?

I am not really into a beta version, as I am already an unvoluntary beta tester for the Gemini Agenda app.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SNi
post Jul 21 2018, 05:18 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 3,682

QUOTE(Dixit @ Jul 21 2018, 02:03 AM) *
I am still hesitating between Calengoo, aCalendar and Business Calendar. With the disadvantage that Calengoo cannot be 'try before you buy'.

Quick question: is there already a version out-of-beta (i.e. the version on Playstore) that has keyboard shortcuts ?

I am not really into a beta version, as I am already an unvoluntary beta tester for the Gemini Agenda app.

You most certainly can install and try out Calengoo, it has an initial trial period (see pic)... Have no idea about the beta...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dixit
post Jul 21 2018, 07:17 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 824,751

Thanks !
I could not find it in the Play Store, but when I google it, google finds both the paid version as well as the trial.
Currently playing around with the lay-outs...

It seems that (at least) the trial does not have keyboard operated functions, so that partially answers my own question.

Very nice program.
Difficult, all those choices. The responsiveness of the author is of course an extreme plus !

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Jul 21 2018, 07:42 AM
Post #19

Group: Admin
Member No.: 208

QUOTE(Dixit @ Jul 21 2018, 08:17 AM) *
Thanks !
I could not find it in the Play Store, but when I google it, google finds both the paid version as well as the trial.
Currently playing around with the lay-outs...

It seems that (at least) the trial does not have keyboard operated functions, so that partially answers my own question.

Very nice program.
Difficult, all those choices. The responsiveness of the author is of course an extreme plus !

Just email the dev, Dominique, and he will provide a link to the beta....

android@calengoo.com

It's really not a beta, like in a new program, with lots of bugs...it's the program with keyboard shortcuts added.

And with my and several others input, he already tweaked program. To me, it should be ready now or very soon for actual release.

Mark

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 21 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 816,386

That doesn't answer whether it's better than aCalendar, though smile.gif

(I have to make that decision, too…)

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 28 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #21

Does CalenGoo need you to sign into a Google account, like the Planet Agenda does?

(Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I can't tell from their web site, and can't try it and see without forking out money…)

+Quote Post
zevv
post Jul 28 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 815,747

QUOTE(gidds @ Jul 28 2018, 11:17 PM) *
Does CalenGoo need you to sign into a Google account, like the Planet Agenda does?

No, it does not. It allows you to sync to any android calender - which for many people means syncing to google - but it does not in any way depend on google services.

I run Calengoo together with DAVdroid [1], and sync to a Radicale [2] server on a linux box - no google involved here.
  1. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/at.bitfire.davdroid/
  2. https://radicale.org/

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 29 2018, 03:19 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(zevv @ Jul 29 2018, 07:53 AM) *
QUOTE(gidds @ Jul 28 2018, 11:17 PM) *
No, it does not.

Sounds good!  I don't want to sync to anything — just to hold the calendar locally.

The next hurdle is: do I need to sign into Google to buy it…?

+Quote Post
zevv
post Jul 29 2018, 07:37 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 815,747

QUOTE(gidds @ Jul 29 2018, 12:19 PM) *
The next hurdle is: do I need to sign into Google to buy it…?

No, you don't. I contact the developer by e-mail and was able to pay using paypal, after which I received a link to the .apk to download and manually install.

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 29 2018, 08:00 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(zevv @ Jul 29 2018, 04:37 PM) *
I contact the developer by e-mail and was able to pay using paypal

Great, TVM.

My last excuse just disappeared… biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 29 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(zevv @ Jul 29 2018, 04:37 PM) *
I contact the developer by e-mail and was able to pay using paypal, after which I received a link to the .apk to download and manually install.

I sent the developer an email this afternoon, and he replied only a few hours later with a link!  I paid (with VISA) and already have CalenGoo installed.  So far, so good!

However, it could be a while before I'm able to make full use of it, as transferring my existing agenda to it turns out to be harder than expected…

I have 25 years' worth of data in Psion Agenda.  I already found a Psion program called vCal which can convert that to a .vcs (vCalendar) file.  It turns out that CalenGoo can import .ics but not .vcs.  However, I found a Java program which can convert .vcs to .ics.

But checking the result in a text editor showed some deeper problems.  It seems that vCal has lost a lot of data: all repeats, all anniversaries, all alarms, and all embedded objects!  I only had 30-odd embedded objects, so I can do those manually, but the rest would take forever (and I'd never be sure I got everything).

So I'm now wondering how feasible it might be to write my own conversion program… sad.gif

(Edit: this may be feasible in OPL, as Psion released several OPXs (OPL eXtension modules), one of which gives programmatic access to the Agenda engine.  In fact, I already have it installed, along with its readme.  If it gives access to everything relevant, which at first glance it seems to, then this should be doable.  Also, .ics is a text-based format and looks straightforward, though it'd be useful to see some docs on it.)

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jul 30 2018, 01:00 PM
Post #27

Good news: Agenda2.opx does make it easy to access a Psion Agenda file.  It gives access to all entry types (appointments, events, anniversaries, todos), to their dates and times, alarms, symbols, tentative and crossed-out flags.

Bad news: It doesn't give access to their repeats, nor to styling (bold &c) nor embedded objects.

So it's still worth trying to write a converter of my own, as it could probably do a better job than vCal.  But it can't do everything; it'll need lots of manual work afterward, using the Agenda program's list view to identify all the repeats &c.  sad.gif

Still, the developer of CalenGoo has been very helpful, and given me a few pointers as to what CalenGoo will accept.

Apparently “There seem to be many Gemini owners waiting for these keyboard shortcuts.” smile.gif   Quite a few folks here must have contacted him!  It sounds like there may be a proper release with them in the next couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
gidds
post Aug 4 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #28

(It doesn't distinguish timed and untimed appointments, either; it gives them all start and end times.  I've been going through 4000-odd entries over 25 years, manually identifying the untimed ones.  That's now done, but going through and manually identifying all the repeats will take a lot longer…)

+Quote Post
zsalab2
post Aug 14 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 825,135

CalenGoo1.76 was released today and all the requested keyboard shortcuts are in the software.

A/W/S/D/T/Y = agenda, week, month, day, task, year view
M = month
ctrl+E = new event
ctrl+T = new task
1/del = today
Q/E = previous/next
V/B = previous/next
H = help

+Quote Post
zsalab2
post Jan 4 2019, 10:36 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 825,135

QUOTE(zsalab2 @ Aug 14 2018, 03:07 PM) *
CalenGoo1.76 was released today and all the requested keyboard shortcuts are in the software.

A/W/S/D/T/Y = agenda, week, month, day, task, year view
M = month
ctrl+E = new event
ctrl+T = new task
1/del = today
Q/E = previous/next
V/B = previous/next
H = help

CalenGoo 1.77 was released this week and the developer updated the keyboard shortcuts to better fit the Gemini and among others pressing "del" now leads directly to "settings".

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 10:05 PM