OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it possible to save passwords in the browser?
zsalab2
post Mar 10 2019, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 825,135

I have checked "save passwords" in the browser settings, but absolutely no passwords are saved. When I enter a site with a saved login, I have to enter the password manually again.

Thus, I use Firefox, which has a Bitwarden plugin, which is actually working.

However, the built-in browser is easier to navigate AND there is more screen real-estate in it.

Thus, I wonder whether:
A) it is possible to get the save passwords to work?
cool.gif it is possible to add an addon to the built-in browser?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
graynada
post Mar 11 2019, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 821,829

QUOTE(zsalab2 @ Mar 10 2019, 08:31 PM) *
I have checked "save passwords" in the browser settings, but absolutely no passwords are saved. When I enter a site with a saved login, I have to enter the password manually again.

Thus, I use Firefox, which has a Bitwarden plugin, which is actually working.

However, the built-in browser is easier to navigate AND there is more screen real-estate in it.

Thus, I wonder whether:
A) it is possible to get the save passwords to work?
cool.gif it is possible to add an addon to the built-in browser?

Not a direct answer sorry but I use Opera as my default browser which does have a built in password manager and settings to maximise screen real estate. I find it very quick with a great built in ad blocker to boot.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
gidds
post Mar 13 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 816,386

QUOTE(zsalab2 @ Mar 10 2019, 08:31 PM) *

Are you aware that the Firefox bar scrolls off the top of the screen, leaving only the standard Android bar? (Unfortunately, it only seems to do this if you scroll by dragging on the screen itself, not when using e.g. the cursor keys. But that's a lot better than nothing.)

And I've not had any trouble navigating Firefox. What do you find hard?

(My main reason for using Firefox instead of Chrome is that Firefox honours my hosts file, which Chrome doesn't. I haven't tried Opera, though, and I didn't get on with the built-in browser.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 02:40 PM