OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SL-C31000 / Strange switch
Stefan_Wtal
post Feb 1 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,684

Hello All!

Another question regarding my new SL-C3100.
Please have a look at the device:
Attached Image

I never saw such a switch on a Zaurus before.
What might be the purpose of this switch?
Any ideas?

Rgds,
Stefan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post Feb 2 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

No idea, I can at least say that there's no such switch on mine. I believe it's a custom switch.... maybe used for disabling the internal drive? Have you tried to use it?

Attached Image

Varti

+Quote Post
Stefan_Wtal
post Feb 4 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #3

The switch does not seem to do anything!
I tested memory/CF/SD/HDD/internal buzzer/external sound with service menu "D+M".
It does not make any difference; regardless the position of the switch.

Rgds,
Stefan

+Quote Post
greguu
post Feb 7 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,535

QUOTE(Stefan_Wtal @ Feb 5 2020, 11:36 AM) *
The switch does not seem to do anything!
I tested memory/CF/SD/HDD/internal buzzer/external sound with service menu "D+M".
It does not make any difference; regardless the position of the switch.

Rgds,
Stefan

Maybe a long shot, but the switch could be isolating the battery, allowing a hard reset without taking out the battery.Can you try to run the Zaurus while on battery only and then toggle the switch ?
If that is not it, maybe worth dismantling the Zaurus to see what it actually does, I am quite curious. There is a picture guide somewhere in this forum that shows all the steps.

+Quote Post
Varti
post Feb 8 2020, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

Yes, it might be used for the battery, or it might be used for something else and it is now just broken smile.gif

Varti

+Quote Post
Stefan_Wtal
post Feb 15 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(greguu @ Feb 8 2020, 05:53 AM) *
Maybe a long shot, but the switch could be isolating the battery, allowing a hard reset without taking out the battery.Can you try to run the Zaurus while on battery only and then toggle the switch ?
If that is not it, maybe worth dismantling the Zaurus to see what it actually does, I am quite curious. There is a picture guide somewhere in this forum that shows all the steps.

Zaurus is booting up into Kexecboot without PSU attached, regardless the position of the switch.
Maybe I will dismantle the device in the future, but for the moment I plan to install a system on it first.
This will also give a good chance to see what happens to the system when toggling the switch.

Rgds,
Stefan

+Quote Post
greguu
post Mar 16 2020, 11:26 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Stefan_Wtal @ Feb 16 2020, 11:14 AM) *

Zaurus is booting up into Kexecboot without PSU attached, regardless the position of the switch.
Maybe I will dismantle the device in the future, but for the moment I plan to install a system on it first.
This will also give a good chance to see what happens to the system when toggling the switch.

Rgds,
Stefan

*We are still interested in what the switch does..

+Quote Post
greguu
post Apr 8 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(greguu @ Mar 17 2020, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE(Stefan_Wtal @ Feb 16 2020, 11:14 AM) *

Rgds,
Stefan

*We are still interested in what the switch does..

Any chance of pictures of the inside of the Zaurus ? There is a guide on this forum somewhere on how to dismantle the Zaurus.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2020 - 02:49 AM