OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cacko With Sl-c3000 Won't Suspend!, Can't turn off the device.
Mersault
post Jan 6 2006, 03:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,025

Greez! I have had Cacko ROM couple of days. I think in the beginning I didn't have any problems. However now it seems, I can't get the device suspended. On/off button does nothing, neither can I suspend my Zaurus from menu command 'Suspend'.

Now the only way to prevent battery being drained is to remove battery every time I stop working with my Zaurus. I have installed some packages - Opera, KA/Pi, KO/Pi, OM/Pi, PWM/Pi, Kismet (not working), qpdf2 (not working), ksharpDTM etc. etc.

Could any of these packages cause this malfunction. Otherwise my Zaurus SL-C3000 is just perfect!

Yours,
-Mersault-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drnick
post Jan 6 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,361

QUOTE(Mersault @ Jan 6 2006, 11:14 AM)
Greez! I have had Cacko ROM couple of days. I think in the beginning I didn't have any problems. However now it seems, I can't get the device suspended. On/off button does nothing, neither can I suspend my Zaurus from menu command 'Suspend'.

Now the only way to prevent battery being drained is to remove battery every time I stop working with my Zaurus. I have installed some packages - Opera, KA/Pi, KO/Pi, OM/Pi, PWM/Pi, Kismet (not working), qpdf2 (not working), ksharpDTM etc. etc.

Could any of these packages cause this malfunction. Otherwise my Zaurus SL-C3000 is just perfect!

Yours,
-Mersault-

Do you have sudo installed? My Z wouldnt suspend when I had sudo installed from either the ZUG feed or the Cacko feed. From the terminal as root and as zaurus run "susp.sh" and look at the error messages. The version of sudo that is built into the cacko rom however works fine and can suspend fine.

+Quote Post
Mersault
post Jan 6 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(drnick @ Jan 6 2006, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE(Mersault @ Jan 6 2006, 11:14 AM)
I can't get the device suspended. On/off button does nothing, neither can I suspend my Zaurus from menu command 'Suspend'.

Yours, -Mersault-
Do you have sudo installed? My Z wouldnt suspend when I had sudo installed from either the ZUG feed or the Cacko feed. From the terminal as root and as zaurus run "susp.sh" and look at the error messages. The version of sudo that is built into the cacko rom however works fine and can suspend fine.

Thank you for your reply. I don't have sudo installed. However I have the packages mentioned + some other I don't even know what they are for. I couldn't find the file "susp.sh" nor to get it executed. I didn't even find it with "find susp.sh" in console root.

Is this susp.sh a batch to be executed when the on/off is pressed? Could I download it from somewhere?

Thanks,
-Mersault-

+Quote Post
drnick
post Jan 6 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,361

QUOTE(Mersault @ Jan 6 2006, 09:19 PM)
Is this susp.sh a batch to be executed when the on/off is pressed? Could I download it from somewhere?

Thanks,
-Mersault-

CODE
su
find / -name 'susp*'

yields a number of entries for me.

you could also (as root) execute
CODE
apm -s
to suspend from the commandline

+Quote Post
Mersault
post Jan 7 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #5

CODE
su
find / -name 'susp*'

CODE
apm -s

Hello.I can now find susp.sh, thanks to your advice. This may sound stupid but how can I execute the file?

"apm -s" gives this error message:

/usr/local/bin/apm: /usr/bin/sudo: No such file or directory

So..should I install sudo, after all..?

Yours,
-Mersault-

+Quote Post
DaemonsGR
post Jan 7 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,801

QUOTE(Mersault @ Jan 7 2006, 05:25 PM)
CODE
su
find / -name 'susp*'

CODE
apm -s

Hello.I can now find susp.sh, thanks to your advice. This may sound stupid but how can I execute the file?

"apm -s" gives this error message:

So..should I install sudo, after all..?

Yours,
-Mersault-

OR check the puth to sudo on your system and make a link (with ln).

+Quote Post
Mersault
post Jan 9 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(DaemonsGR @ Jan 7 2006, 07:55 PM)
OR check the puth to sudo on your system and make a link (with ln).

Maybe I'm too much a newbie with Linux to be able to follow your advice. I quite simply just restored OS and formatted the hdd [OK+ON -> 3 -> 1], and after that installed Cacko again. Then I installed only the packages I really need. So far this works perfectly, ON\OFF is ok, sync with Outlook works like a dream. What more could I ask...

Anyway, thanks for you folks! I'll go and paypal some money to the russian person behind Cacko...

Yours,
-Mersault-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 01:43 AM