OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need copy of working NVRAM
bled82
post Jul 25 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 825,020

Lost my copy of my working nvram and cant restore it , would I be able to use someone else's ? Not sure if that is doable or not . I have been able to recover the imei multiple times but cant clear issue with err 0x10 on the wifi and I think it might also be blocking my cell data on Debian side idk for sure .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Murple2
post Jul 25 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 815,856

QUOTE(bled82 @ Jul 25 2018, 10:58 PM) *
Lost my copy of my working nvram and cant restore it , would I be able to use someone else's ? Not sure if that is doable or not . I have been able to recover the imei multiple times but cant clear issue with err 0x10 on the wifi and I think it might also be blocking my cell data on Debian side idk for sure .

I'm sorry, I figure it's a bit of a security risk handing over the imei for my phone. Perhaps someone here who doesn't use the device as a phone might oblige?

+Quote Post
ehasbrouck
post Sep 2 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 829,506

QUOTE(bled82 @ Jul 25 2018, 02:58 PM) *

I don't think you could use soemone else's NVRAM file, since presumably it is customized with the IMEI.

I have the same problem that after accidentally wiping the NVRAM partition, I am unable to get mobile data working in Debian, although my T-Mobile USA SIM works in Google Android on my Gemini.

I have queried Planetcom by email as to ( A ) whether the null NVRAM file is likely to be the casue of the Debain mobile data failure, and ( B ) whether they can supply an NVRAM restore file for my Gemini if I provide my IMEI and serial number.

+Quote Post
ehasbrouck
post Sep 4 2018, 06:59 AM
Post #4

I received the following reply from Planetcom support:

The only way to permanently restore the NVRAM partition on your device would if you send it to us for service. This process requires factory level software which isn't user accessible.

Please be aware that a recovered NVRAM partition will likely not affect cellular functionalities on Debian. Debian is missing the necessary drivers to run cellar data and phone functions.

+Quote Post
mithrandir
post Sep 4 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 815,997

QUOTE(ehasbrouck @ Sep 4 2018, 06:59 AM) *
I received the following reply from Planetcom support:

The only way to permanently restore the NVRAM partition on your device would if you send it to us for service. This process requires factory level software which isn't user accessible.

Please be aware that a recovered NVRAM partition will likely not affect cellular functionalities on Debian. Debian is missing the necessary drivers to run cellar data and phone functions.

Strange, at least cellular data works for me on Debian...

+Quote Post
ehasbrouck
post Sep 4 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(mithrandir @ Sep 4 2018, 02:26 PM) *

What country and carrier is your SIM? What did you have to do to get it working?

+Quote Post
mithrandir
post Sep 5 2018, 12:11 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 815,997

QUOTE(ehasbrouck @ Sep 4 2018, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE(mithrandir @ Sep 4 2018, 02:26 PM) *

What country and carrier is your SIM? What did you have to do to get it working?

It is a German Vodafone data only SIM. I just followed the instructions at https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-a...DebuggingMobile . Maybe I had to create the internet context like described at https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-a...c6599731564770a . At least I have to enter the pin code:

gemini@gemini:/usr/share/ofono/scripts$ ./enter-pin pin XXXX

Sometimes, it seems, I have to use some of these commands (order might be different) to get a connection:

./online-modem
./activate-context
./enable-gprs

For this one has to install ofono-scripts.

Mith

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 12:49 PM