OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can the regular install get rooted with magisk as well?
bloblo
post May 8 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 827,653

Could I install the regular non-rooted image and just root it with magisk as well?

I'm getting somewhat annoyed with the manual flashing and lack of built-in OTA, and I don't use anything of the actual multiboot (I don't have any additional different system partitions) so I'm wondering if I really need to endure all of the disadvantages that come with it just to get root access, which is the only thing I really care about.

Has anyone tried magisk on the regular base image and knows whether that works? If I have the multiboot image on the device, can I flash back the regular OTA Android 8 image somehow to go back to an OTA-updateable system? Would be curious about any responses
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
markjchapman
post May 8 2019, 03:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 840,499

QUOTE(bloblo @ May 8 2019, 02:25 PM) *
If I have the multiboot image on the device, can I flash back the regular OTA Android 8 image somehow to go back to an OTA-updateable system? Would be curious about any responses

No, it's a one way thing. I went to triple boot (Android/Sailfish/Debian), then flashed back to base, and the OTA bombs out complaining about the partition tables values. Flash tool still works, but OTA? Forget it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 01:30 PM