OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> microSD file system
geomannie
post Mar 5 2018, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,822

Hi

I have tried a 128GD exFAT microSD in my Gemini but its not recognised and asks me to format it. I am not keen as it contains data. Does anyone know the file system that Gemini needs for storage? FAT32?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
depscribe
post Mar 5 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 815,753

QUOTE(geomannie @ Mar 5 2018, 03:27 AM) *
Hi

I have tried a 128GD exFAT microSD in my Gemini but its not recognised and asks me to format it. I am not keen as it contains data. Does anyone know the file system that Gemini needs for storage? FAT32?

Some devices (cameras come to mind) insist that cards be formatted by the device itself. I have no idea if this is true of the Gemini, but it would not be inconsistent with some other decisions made by Planet or the factory.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Mar 8 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,806

QUOTE(geomannie @ Mar 5 2018, 10:27 PM) *
Hi

Just formated a 256GB card i had laying around and set it as the internal storage and everything appears to be working once i migrated data across (used internal mode for sd card not external)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 11:45 PM