OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UART
Bob Ham
post May 23 2018, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 823,072

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is access to a UART for a serial console on the Gemini PDA?

TWRP was ported so presumably there must be access somehow? (Or did TWRP just merge in MTK kernel patches and it worked?)

Cheers,

rah
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKit
post May 24 2018, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 818,021

QUOTE(Bob Ham @ May 23 2018, 05:21 PM) *
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is access to a UART for a serial console on the Gemini PDA?

TWRP was ported so presumably there must be access somehow? (Or did TWRP just merge in MTK kernel patches and it worked?)

Cheers,

rah

I have to test it yet personally, but here is a photo of UART test points from Planet:
Attached Image

As for TWRP, it simply uses device-provided kernel sources, so it just worked, no special bring up needed (and it was already ported for other devices with similar SoC).

+Quote Post
Bob Ham
post May 24 2018, 02:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 823,072

QUOTE(TheKit @ May 24 2018, 01:47 AM) *
here is a photo of UART test points from Planet
As for TWRP, it simply uses device-provided kernel sources, so it just worked, no special bring up needed (and it was already ported for other devices with similar SoC).

I see. I wonder if getting access to the mainboard will mean destroying the case?

I also wonder if Planet will be willing to send out some mainboards to developers, perhaps from returned stock that are only partly working or something? Can I ask where the photo came from? Does anyone here have contacts at Planet?

+Quote Post
flokli
post May 24 2018, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 823,149

QUOTE(Bob Ham @ May 24 2018, 12:48 PM) *
I see. I wonder if getting access to the mainboard will mean destroying the case?

You need to use the gemini cover removal tool for the bigger of the two covers on the back of the display. afterwards, it's nine screws, three below stickers (that will be damaged while unscrewing).

I will try to post some pictures later.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 09:32 AM