OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Touchscreen as touchpad - relative mouse input
ArchiMark
post Feb 13 2019, 02:16 PM
Post #16

Group: Admin
Member No.: 208

Installed, but have problem getting the button in lower left corner of screen to work now.

I can get taskbar to be visible (it is set to auto-hide to get more vertical height on screen) and can select the button in lower left (it turns blue color), but I cannot get it open up to see all the program selections by tapping on it with finger.

Is there a way to do this with finger tap or is there a key combination to get it open up or ???

Also, is there way to calibrate cursor on screen. It is far off from my finger tap.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kiriririn
post Feb 15 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 816,673

QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Feb 13 2019, 10:16 PM) *
Installed, but have problem getting the button in lower left corner of screen to work now.

I can get taskbar to be visible (it is set to auto-hide to get more vertical height on screen) and can select the button in lower left (it turns blue color), but I cannot get it open up to see all the program selections by tapping on it with finger.

Is there a way to do this with finger tap or is there a key combination to get it open up or ???

Also, is there way to calibrate cursor on screen. It is far off from my finger tap.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

The whole point of this is to disconnect your cursor from your finger so you can see what youre aiming at and make finer mouse-like actions

It sounds like you're still trying to use the touchscreen like a touchscreen. This behaves more like the Teamviewer or MS RDP apps on Android if youve used those

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Feb 15 2019, 12:44 PM
Post #18

Group: Admin
Member No.: 208

QUOTE(Kiriririn @ Feb 15 2019, 11:51 AM) *
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Feb 13 2019, 10:16 PM) *

Thanks for any help.

Mark

The whole point of this is to disconnect your cursor from your finger so you can see what youre aiming at and make finer mouse-like actions

It sounds like you're still trying to use the touchscreen like a touchscreen. This behaves more like the Teamviewer or MS RDP apps on Android if youve used those

Thanks for your help!

Now I get understand the concept....

Will try it again....

Not familiar with apps you mention....I don't use Android...

smile.gif

+Quote Post
peter
post Jun 13 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 819,369

The "Easy Mode" fix worked perfectly for me with TP2, but I cannot get it to work with TP3. (I haven't tried building from source yet.) Can anyone confirm if this works with the latest Gemian image?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
peter
post Jun 17 2019, 12:35 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 819,369

QUOTE(peter @ Jun 14 2019, 02:31 AM) *
The "Easy Mode" fix worked perfectly for me with TP2, but I cannot get it to work with TP3. (I haven't tried building from source yet.) Can anyone confirm if this works with the latest Gemian image?

Thanks!

Never mind. I feel pretty stupid, but when I went to remove mtrack prior to building from source, I discovered that it wasn't installed. sudo apt install fixed the PEBCAK.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 06:44 AM