OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest updates on Indiegogo, Post here the links to new updates on Planet's Indiegogo page
Vistaus
post Nov 22 2019, 01:20 PM
Post #166

Group: Members
Member No.: 850,627

@maki The factory is closed on weekends, but the HK warehouse, courier to Europe, customs and PC warehouse are all open on weekends and almost all European and American couriers sort and deliver on Saturdays as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zarhan
post Nov 22 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #167

Member No.: 850,871

QUOTE(maki.jouni @ Nov 22 2019, 11:37 PM) *
After all, Thank God Planet Computers have taken enough time for QC and QC have been wide enough, that they spotted flaws at end of the assembly line. Though it means that my relatively rare combination (Fin/Swe) is still "placed" on IndieGoGo.

Same here. Also glad that Brexit got delayed at least by a few months and no complications came from that...

+Quote Post
Daniel W
post Nov 27 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #168

Member No.: 823,019

Off topic as far as IGG goes, yes, but valid as a kind of update, I'd say, and probably we're all paying a bit extra attention to this thread anyway, so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJvGqZJUV5M
features Mr. Mrsic-Flogel and Davide Guidi, recorded yesterday (Nov 26), it seems, and has some up-to-date info in it.

Of the 4000 first Cosmos, around 3100 seems to be crowdfunding backer devices, while the rest are for retail. However, as all Cosmos (in this production run) with a particular keyboard layout are made in one go, backers with the least common layouts, will, essentially, have to wait until all 4000 units have been made. It seems they were somewhere around 75% done yesterday, so, hopefully, a few more percents done today. And oh, there's a "Linux Technical Preview", in the video as well...

+Quote Post
szopin
post Nov 27 2019, 11:54 PM
Post #169

Member No.: 842,637

QUOTE(Daniel W @ Nov 27 2019, 11:36 PM) *
And oh, there's a "Linux Technical Preview", in the video as well...

Glad to see things are moving forward with other OSes. They do mention working with community on it, is it about the rooting the cosmo thread on this forum, or is there another cosmo/pc forum or irc or something like that (hopefully not discord)?

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Dec 2 2019, 05:43 AM
Post #170

Member No.: 850,543

"
Planet Computers 2 minutes ago
Pat - Second European shipment arrived to the UK warehouse this morning. So expect more deliveries this week.
"

New update on comment section at IndieGoGo

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Dec 8 2019, 07:07 AM
Post #171

New teaser of update on IndieGoGo

"
Planet Computers 8 minutes ago

@Alyssa, next update will be end of day tomorrow! Your Cosmo is on its way, BTW!
"

+Quote Post
Dickon Hood
post Dec 8 2019, 07:50 AM
Post #172

Member No.: 860,798

Oh good. It's a superb piece of kit, but I'm hoping for an update on the bugs. Ideally some Codi power fixes and sorting out the always-on keyboard backlight.

24h is not a battery life I'm used to. The Gemini went for a whole weekend, the Galaxy Relay S lasted about the same, the Nokia E90, 9500, and 9210 all went about a week between charges.

+Quote Post
vader
post Dec 8 2019, 12:24 PM
Post #173

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(Dickon Hood @ Dec 9 2019, 01:50 AM) *
Oh good. It's a superb piece of kit, but I'm hoping for an update on the bugs. Ideally some Codi power fixes and sorting out the always-on keyboard backlight.

Have you tried turning off the backlight? Press Fn-shift-b until the keyboard lights go off.

24h is not a battery life I'm used to. The Gemini went for a whole weekend, the Galaxy Relay S lasted about the same, the Nokia E90, 9500, and 9210 all went about a week between charges.

You were doing well with the gemini getting an entire weekend. I could only do that if I left it alone and used it as a phone only (ie. no playing). A lot of the old nokias used to last a long time. Even moderately new ones like the pureview 808 only used to need charging every 2 days - and it had a tiny battery in comparison with the gemini/cosmo.

+Quote Post
Dickon Hood
post Dec 8 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #174

Member No.: 860,798

QUOTE(vader @ Dec 8 2019, 08:24 PM) *

Have you tried turning off the backlight? Press Fn-shift-b until the keyboard lights go off.

Of course. But it would be *really* helpful if it would switch off and on with the main display backlight. Having them separate means fumbling around in the dark trying to get the F-S-N right without accidentally doing something you don't want to. It isn't a big problem, admittedly.

You were doing well with the gemini getting an entire weekend. I could only do that if I left it alone and used it as a phone only (ie. no playing). A lot of the old nokias used to last a long time. Even moderately new ones like the pureview 808 only used to need charging every 2 days - and it had a tiny battery in comparison with the gemini/cosmo.

It did require some care, yeah. But I'd reliably get 1900 Friday until 0930 Monday morning with anything around 20% battery left.

+Quote Post
gymbo
post Dec 9 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #175

Member No.: 816,769

QUOTE(maki.jouni @ Dec 8 2019, 04:07 PM) *
New teaser of update on IndieGoGo

"
Planet Computers 8 minutes ago

@Alyssa, next update will be end of day tomorrow! Your Cosmo is on its way, BTW!
"

And now the update is "live" (actually two):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...59#/updates/all

So for us "Nordics", it's bad news, but hopefully we will still get it before Christmas...

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

(Sorry for the smiley, but a guy in a mask is a guy in a mask, whether it's Santa Claus, or some punk?!? tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Dec 9 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #176

QUOTE(gymbo @ Dec 10 2019, 06:19 AM) *
And now the update is "live" (actually two):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...59#/updates/all

So for us "Nordics", it's bad news, but hopefully we will still get it before Christmas...

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

(Sorry for the smiley, but a guy in a mask is a guy in a mask, whether it's Santa Claus, or some punk?!? tongue.gif )

There might be one letter 'y' missing on update

"we are still hopeful... ....before Christmas / Jul'y'"

So yes, bad news for us Nordics... So in best case scenario it's before Christmas and worst case scenario it's before July...

+Quote Post
alix
post Dec 10 2019, 01:03 AM
Post #177

Member No.: 860,444

I don't speak Swedish, but it seems like Jul means Xmas in this language

+Quote Post
Daniel W
post Dec 10 2019, 02:53 AM
Post #178

Member No.: 823,019

QUOTE(alix @ Dec 10 2019, 10:03 AM) *
I don't speak Swedish, but it seems like Jul means Xmas in this language
Correct, it does. It's the same word as the "Yule" in some English Christmas songs. It's Joulu in Finnish, so Maki knows too, but given the circumstances, a little humor is perhaps the best we can do, while waiting for all of the Cosmos to come around... (yes, feeble pun intended).

+Quote Post
maki.jouni
post Dec 10 2019, 06:29 AM
Post #179

QUOTE(Daniel W @ Dec 10 2019, 12:53 PM) *
a little humor is perhaps the best we can do, while waiting

Yes, only that way we survive through this waiting.

I don't believe it's worst case case scenario, but not best case scenario either, something between those two.

Now with this new approach of deadlines, Planet have plenty of time to fulfill this smile.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 06:39 AM