OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> paste from built-in clipboard
Artemys
post Sep 3 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,502

Guys, do you know, how the hell is it possible to paste what has been copied to the built-in clipboard on Gemini under SF? Since no screen-keyboard, I simply cannot realize. (Of course ctrl+v is not an option.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vader
post Sep 4 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(Artemys @ Sep 4 2018, 05:28 PM) *
Guys, do you know, how the hell is it possible to paste what has been copied to the built-in clipboard on Gemini under SF? Since no screen-keyboard, I simply cannot realize. (Of course ctrl+v is not an option.)

Actually........it is ctrl+c, ctrl+v, but only if the app supports it. The terminal for example has paste in the settings screen. In the browser, you can select text on a page, but not in an edit box (eg this pane). For example, clicking on the URL from the browser highlights the url. Press ctrl+c, open a new tab, click on the url, then press ctrl+v. The url has pasted. You can copy text from a web page as well, just not paste into the text box (because that would be useful) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artemys
post Sep 4 2018, 05:33 AM
Post #3

Actually........it is ctrl+c, ctrl+v, but only if the app supports it. The terminal for example has paste in the settings screen. In the browser, you can select text on a page, but not in an edit box (eg this pane). For example, clicking on the URL from the browser highlights the url. Press ctrl+c, open a new tab, click on the url, then press ctrl+v. The url has pasted. You can copy text from a web page as well, just not paste into the text box (because that would be useful) smile.gif
[/quote]

Yeah, I knew these things, thanks. My problem is that on my Jolla phone for example if I copy an url from the terminal with url grabber, I can paste it into the browser. This is not possible on Gemini (at least I haven't found out yet, how to do it), because ctrl+v does not work and the pasteclip is not shown (since there is no screen keyboard). Now it is not that simple, is it? smile.gif

+Quote Post
vader
post Sep 11 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(Artemys @ Sep 4 2018, 11:33 PM) *
My problem is that on my Jolla phone for example if I copy an url from the terminal with url grabber, I can paste it into the browser. This is not possible on Gemini (at least I haven't found out yet, how to do it), because ctrl+v does not work and the pasteclip is not shown (since there is no screen keyboard). Now it is not that simple, is it? smile.gif

I just tried using url grabber, and it worked. I was in the terminal (toeterm), catted a file which contained a URL (http://www.google.com). Went to the settings using the right 'dot'. Selected URL grabber (which showed nemo@sailfish and http://www.google.com). I long pressed www.google.com, got the menu, selected 'copy'. Went to the sailfish browser, selected the URL line, pressed ctrl+v and the URL was correctly set to http://www.google.com. Of course, you could have selected open in URL grabber. Is this what you wanted? What I couldn't get working is trying to paste text into a web form element (eg. the google search bar).

I'm guessing that in the Jolla phone, you could paste into forms. I'm going to have a poke around the firefox settings in case it is the one proving problematic, because it annoys me (as well) that you can't post into forms.

EDIT: Ok, so I see where you are coming from. I checked out the sailfish forums and learned about the copy/paste joy over the last few years. It appears the system clipboard is tied to the onscreen keyboard paste icon, which ctrl+v doesn't use. Ctrl+c/v use the linux clipboard, so doesn't work everywhere. I'm on the page now, just have to work out if we can fix it!

+Quote Post
Artemys
post Sep 15 2018, 03:52 AM
Post #5

I just tried using url grabber, and it worked. I was in the terminal (toeterm), catted a file which contained a URL (http://www.google.com). Went to the settings using the right 'dot'. Selected URL grabber (which showed nemo@sailfish and http://www.google.com). I long pressed www.google.com, got the menu, selected 'copy'. Went to the sailfish browser, selected the URL line, pressed ctrl+v and the URL was correctly set to http://www.google.com. Of course, you could have selected open in URL grabber. Is this what you wanted? What I couldn't get working is trying to paste text into a web form element (eg. the google search bar).

I'm guessing that in the Jolla phone, you could paste into forms. I'm going to have a poke around the firefox settings in case it is the one proving problematic, because it annoys me (as well) that you can't post into forms.

EDIT: Ok, so I see where you are coming from. I checked out the sailfish forums and learned about the copy/paste joy over the last few years. It appears the system clipboard is tied to the onscreen keyboard paste icon, which ctrl+v doesn't use. Ctrl+c/v use the linux clipboard, so doesn't work everywhere. I'm on the page now, just have to work out if we can fix it!
[/quote]

Yes, on Jolla if you copy something, a paste icon appears beside the on-screen keyboard. But Gemini does not have an on-screen keyb (this is why we bought it smile.gif)
But recently I tried it again and it seems that terminal has to be open. First I only copied the link and then closed the app, and it seems that it forgots the copied link. But if it remains opened, ctrl+v works.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 03:36 AM