OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sailfish OS 3.0.0 released to early adopters today
depscribe
post Nov 10 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,753

It came up on my phone last night. You can force a check with the pulley menu on the Settings > update page. I don't know how often it checks or if Jolla pushes a check. I suspect the latter, because I have seen it go seven days without a check, and last night when I looked 3.0.0.8 was there when it hadn't been yesterday morning. I think 3.0.0.5 was purely the early access, a/k/a beta, release.

I'm not in the early release program -- my days of being up all night to fix something have mostly passed. (Having said that, I am waiting for the battery to run down because the install is stuck before beginning because I forgot to uninstall an app that must be uninstalled before the upgrade, after which it will boot into 2.2.18, I can uninstall the app, and the process can begin anew.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jovpov
post Nov 12 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 830,028

QUOTE(depscribe @ Nov 10 2018, 08:11 AM) *
It came up on my phone last night. You can force a check with the pulley menu on the Settings > update page. I don't know how often it checks or if Jolla pushes a check. I suspect the latter, because I have seen it go seven days without a check, and last night when I looked 3.0.0.8 was there when it hadn't been yesterday morning. I think 3.0.0.5 was purely the early access, a/k/a beta, release.

I'm not in the early release program -- my days of being up all night to fix something have mostly passed. (Having said that, I am waiting for the battery to run down because the install is stuck before beginning because I forgot to uninstall an app that must be uninstalled before the upgrade, after which it will boot into 2.2.18, I can uninstall the app, and the process can begin anew.)

I have updated (gemini triple boot) manually to 3.0.5 from 2.2.18.
Any ideas why icons are dense? Icons need more margin so that text under icon do not overlap..

+Quote Post
jovpov
post Nov 12 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(jovpov @ Nov 12 2018, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE(depscribe @ Nov 10 2018, 08:11 AM) *

I have updated (gemini triple boot) manually to 3.0.5 from 2.2.18.
Any ideas why icons are dense? Icons need more margin so that text under icon do not overlap..

Info, update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.8 fixed icons spacing in drawer... but still "Off" (sleep) button doesn't work

+Quote Post
epninety
post Nov 13 2018, 04:30 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 826,550

I'm confused...

The key is labelled as Fn-Esc = "Off" and that works as expected for me.

If it were mapped as just Esc for Off, that would (for me at least) be a waste of a key (and a useful one on a linux based machine.)

+Quote Post
jovpov
post Nov 13 2018, 06:18 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(epninety @ Nov 13 2018, 04:30 AM) *
I'm confused...

The key is labelled as Fn-Esc = "Off" and that works as expected for me.

If it were mapped as just Esc for Off, that would (for me at least) be a waste of a key (and a useful one on a linux based machine.)

With Sailfish 2.2.18, standy was ok, now with 3.0.0.8 it looks that it doesn't go to sleep, so battery is drained quickly..
I cannot manually turn off the screen (with Top left off button like before)

Any ideas / experience from 3.0.0.8?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 05:50 AM