OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First time Sailfish user... Questions
MikeC
post Jun 26 2018, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,236

Greetings,

I just went through the process of booting Sailfish OS for the first time -- Selected locale, language, set up wifi, created jolla account, accepted terms. All seemed to go swimmingly. However, now I'm left with a rotating teal ring, and things do not seem to be progressing. Any ideas as to what is currently happening?

Thank you,
Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wille
post Jun 26 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,943

QUOTE(MikeC @ Jun 26 2018, 07:51 PM) *
Greetings,

I just went through the process of booting Sailfish OS for the first time -- Selected locale, language, set up wifi, created jolla account, accepted terms. All seemed to go swimmingly. However, now I'm left with a rotating teal ring, and things do not seem to be progressing. Any ideas as to what is currently happening?

Thank you,
Mike

I'm in the same situation. I think it is somehow related to device locking - it should show keypad for pin code but it don't.
I didn't set code on startup but set it later, and after automatic lockout period it won't wake up but showing this circle.
Reboot didn't help as it is waiting device to be unlocked.

Second hint is notification if you connect charger, It says something like unlock your device first.

But no idea how to fix this. Workaround would be not to set device lock code at all.

br - Wille
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th January 2020 - 11:12 AM