OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bluetooth Watches, What Bluetooth watch stays connected with Cosmo (Gemini)?
vader
post Nov 27 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 816,775

I have started turning off the cover display when I close the cosmo. Just press the silver button and the cover display turns off. It will turn back on when a call or message comes in. With new device usage (ie still playing a lot), I am still left with 30-40% battery at the end of my day. Cosmo is off the charger at 6am, and back on around 11pm.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vldmr
post Dec 8 2019, 08:15 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 860,135

A small hint about placing calls from watch that might save someone else 15 minutes of life:

When I first tried to call from my watch I've got an error that "call audio is turned off" and advising me to turn it on in bluetooth settings. I checked bluetooth setting and there is no option for "Call audio" on cosmo, but there is "Phone calls" and it was turned on already. After some googling and scratching head I tried turning this option off and then on again. That fixed the problem right away, calls can be made from watch.

+Quote Post
vader
post Dec 8 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(vldmr @ Dec 9 2019, 02:15 AM) *
A small hint about placing calls from watch that might save someone else 15 minutes of life:

When I first tried to call from my watch I've got an error that "call audio is turned off" and advising me to turn it on in bluetooth settings. I checked bluetooth setting and there is no option for "Call audio" on cosmo, but there is "Phone calls" and it was turned on already. After some googling and scratching head I tried turning this option off and then on again. That fixed the problem right away, calls can be made from watch.

If you connect/disconnect (ie walk away from the phone) too many times, it appears that you get the "audio" problem. vldmr is correct - this "resets" the bluetooth connection and audio works again. Gotta love android 9 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Steve Goodey
post Yesterday, 10:27 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 816,225

Thanks to everyone on this topic and to vader for the detailed instructions.

My Pebble was regularly disconnecting on the Cosmo but was never a problem on my Gemini.

After reading vader's post I disabled battery optimisation for the bluetooth app, same for the Pebble app and under DuraSpeed allowed Pebble app to run in background. I did not have to disable DuraSpeed totally. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 02:43 AM