OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hotkeys for App Launching?
jakfish
post Jun 22 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,772

Good, glad it works for you too. If you can figure out how to launch home-made shortcuts, please let me know smile.gif

Jake
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AENT
post Jun 23 2018, 01:40 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 824,838

QUOTE(jakfish @ Jun 22 2018, 11:55 PM) *
Good, glad it works for you too. If you can figure out how to launch home-made shortcuts, please let me know smile.gif

Jake

I am sorry for misunderstanding. Could you be more specific? What do you exactly mean by "home-made" shortcuts?

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Jun 23 2018, 02:43 AM
Post #18

I apologize for not being clearer. In Buttons Remapper, if you choose shortcuts rather than apps in the Other section, you get a choice of ready-made shortcuts.

But, for example, you made your own shortcut to a document and stored it on the desktop, that custom shortcut will not appear as a shortcut choice in Buttons Remapper.

Apologies again for my lack of clarity,

Jake

+Quote Post
AENT
post Jun 23 2018, 06:02 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 824,838

QUOTE(jakfish @ Jun 23 2018, 12:43 PM) *
I apologize for not being clearer. In Buttons Remapper, if you choose shortcuts rather than apps in the Other section, you get a choice of ready-made shortcuts.

But, for example, you made your own shortcut to a document and stored it on the desktop, that custom shortcut will not appear as a shortcut choice in Buttons Remapper.

Apologies again for my lack of clarity,

Jake

If I select an option Shortcut, I can choose Total Commander, here I can then select any file (document/media etc. file and after pressing keys it opens in proper app). There is also option to use Tasker, here I can select any task. OK?

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Jun 23 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #20

That did it! Well done, AENT! Went thru TC, then chose specific doc, then chose TextMaker HD to open the doc.

Thank you, thank you,
Jake

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jun 23 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 816,386

How do you upgrade to the premium version of Buttons remapper?

I installed it, enabled the accessibility service, and can set up simple shortcuts.  If I tap on the ‘Premium features’ or try to create a Combination shortcut, it shows a ‘Premium upgrade’ dialog — but when I tap on its UPGRADE button, nothing happens!

Do you need to be signed in to Google?

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Jun 23 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #22

Hmm, not sure. When I clicked on the upgrade. it took me right to Play Store and the $1.99 upgrade button. But I am signed into google and Play Store has my credit card on file.

Jake

+Quote Post
joepirello
post Jun 26 2018, 09:28 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 823,304

The only thing that would make Buttons remapper perfect would be per-app combinations. I would love to use the same combination but have it do different things depending on the app I'm in, just like a desktop OS.

+Quote Post
jornada720
post May 26 2019, 05:48 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 818,918

Hi there, I just randomly saw this thread a long time after it was fresh.

EKH cannot launch specific files but it is definitely capable of being set up for switching and launching applications.

Not every Android app seems able to completely remember its state when switched back via this method but it works pretty well.

To do more advanced items, you might try Tasker. I don't have any experience with it, however.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 08:02 PM