OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Planet Sync Adapter
Rüdiger Mannert
post Jan 6 2019, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 839,368

Hi,

maybe some kind of a newbie question. There is an app called PlanetSyncAdapter. Also, in Agenda, there is an account "PC sync" (PC = Planet Computers?). I cannot find documentation on this. Is it a cloud service? Or maybe USB file transfer?

thanks,
Rüdiger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eldkatten
post Jan 6 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 823,876

Hello,

before Planet Computers took over the world and the Gemini replaced all other electronic devices, "PC" meant "Personal Computer", which was a thing infinetely inferior to the Gemini and Cosmo (well, people didn't have anything else but those primitive tools in the Before-Gemini-Ages). In some remote and underdeveloped parts of the world it still means "Personal Computer", but the memory of that is dwindling.

Sorry for the attempt of being funny, but "PC Sync" means just that you can synchronize your agenda with an agenda on your MS Windows or Linux PC.

I can't help you with the other thing ("PlanetSyncAdapter"), but there seems to be a desricption in the Google Playstore.

Kind regards

P.S.: Maybe you should tell us what you actually want to do. Calendar synchronization? File exchange between Gemini and some other device? It is highly probable that someone can point you into the right direction for that task.

+Quote Post
Rüdiger Mannert
post Jan 8 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 839,368

Well, thanks. I do remember those good old times of personal computers - like probably many users of a Gemini.

The question is, how do I use "PC Sync" in Agenda to synchronize my calendar? I'm using Google services right now, but if there is a way to do the same without Google, I'd prefer this.

Kind regards

+Quote Post
Lyall Pearce
post Jan 9 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 819,136

I sync my contacts and calendars with NextCloud (my own hosted) using an app called DAVdroid.
I don't use Google Calendar or contacts at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 03:40 PM