OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SailfishOS 3.0.1.11 released by Jolla, SailfishOS 3.0.1.11 released by Jolla
gemini_user_j
post Feb 5 2019, 06:49 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 827,849

Does anyone know if the licensed version of Sailfish is still expected?
I asked jolla support, and they didn't seem to have any date.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meganerd
post Feb 13 2019, 06:54 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 824,617

Things I am hoping for:
* WiFi hotspot - I've had the hotspot working on 2.x from CLI, but couldn't in unofficial 3.x build
* USB tether - This was broken on unofficial 3.x build
* 4G Calling - @Rasva confirmed this
* Turn on/off display with ESC cape - This was broken on official 2.x and unofficial 3.x build, but was working on community 2.x
* Quick response time from sleep - I've experienced different speeds of wake time on different builds

@Vader thanks for the webgl iinfo, I would have missed this change if you didn't point it out.

@gemeni_user_j - I am not going to hold my breathe. To be honest even if they did release AlienDalvik does it work with modern Android apps and their dependencies? (I have never used AlienDalvik)

+Quote Post
Wille
post Feb 13 2019, 09:49 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 824,943

Anyone installed Sailfish 3 Beta CE available in http://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html, is it the same 3.0.1.11?

+Quote Post
gemini_user_j
post Feb 13 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Wille @ Feb 13 2019, 09:49 AM) *
Anyone installed Sailfish 3 Beta CE available in http://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html, is it the same 3.0.1.11?

Just installed it, since I was stuck with the spinning loading circle after enabling pin-code lock screen on the version I upgraded to from the terminal inside Jolla.

It looks nicer, and more things are oriented in landscape mode.

however, after rebooting I am ALSO stuck on the loading screen with the spinning teal circle.

I used to be able to dismiss this by swiping left or right, but now I can only access the camera, or the pull-down menu.

I am on gemini x27 on a tripple boot.

I also flashed the provided linux image with the new sailfish.

+Quote Post
vader
post Feb 13 2019, 08:37 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(Meganerd @ Feb 14 2019, 12:54 AM) *
Things I am hoping for:
* WiFi hotspot - I've had the hotspot working on 2.x from CLI, but couldn't in unofficial 3.x build
* USB tether - This was broken on unofficial 3.x build
* 4G Calling - @Rasva confirmed this
* Turn on/off display with ESC cape - This was broken on official 2.x and unofficial 3.x build, but was working on community 2.x
* Quick response time from sleep - I've experienced different speeds of wake time on different builds

@Vader thanks for the webgl iinfo, I would have missed this change if you didn't point it out.

@gemeni_user_j - I am not going to hold my breathe. To be honest even if they did release AlienDalvik does it work with modern Android apps and their dependencies? (I have never used AlienDalvik)

I am using the 3.0.1.11 early adopters version and can say:

* USB tether works for me
* same as 4G calling (well calls when 4G data is selected, which previously didn't work)
* Same with esc - it turns on/off the screen at the home screen.
* response time from sleep seems really good

I have an original (serial number 8) x25 unit - maybe there is a difference.

+Quote Post
gemini_user_j
post Feb 14 2019, 09:28 AM
Post #21

I also just noticed that Sailfish 3 Beta from planet website has trouble installing apps both from jolla and from openrepos, this was not a problem on the sailfish 3 I upgraded to from previous version hosted at planet (2.2 I think)

+Quote Post
depscribe
post Feb 14 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 815,753

QUOTE(gemini_user_j @ Feb 14 2019, 09:28 AM) *
I also just noticed that Sailfish 3 Beta from planet website has trouble installing apps both from jolla and from openrepos, this was not a problem on the sailfish 3 I upgraded to from previous version hosted at planet (2.2 I think)

Do devel-su pkcon refresh and try again

(per: https://together.jolla.com/question/191922/...orman-after-30/ which worked here on xperia x and should work on gemini.)

+Quote Post
FrankS
post Feb 14 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 832,753

The new version announced at planet support page is version 3.0.1.13. This was a cbeta version for testers only and maybe closed.

I updated the wiki on together.jolla.com. Updating to the public released version 3.0.1.14 (for XA2 official) is a good way to make it work. The adaptation version for the gemini is 0.0.3.14 after the update (settings->About product: Device adaptation: 0.0.3.14).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 05:34 PM