OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using HDMI adaptor under Android
geomannie
post Mar 5 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,822

Hi
I am trying to mirror my Gemini to my TV using the HDMI adaptor but I can't get it to work. The best I get is for the Gemini to recognise that the adaptor is plugged in, but my TV simply shows an "Out of Range" message at all its display settings. It may be a video resolution issue but the Gemini only offers an auto video resolution option with no way to vary it.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks
Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Goodey
post Mar 6 2018, 01:10 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 816,225

Hello geomannie,

Works fine on my Pioneer. I had to toggle the screen size on the TV to reduce overscan. I also had to power the Gemini on with the HDMI connection already set to get a display, but you've obviously done that as you get the video resolution screen. The TV info shows 1080.

Are there no other settings you can try on your TV, or any other HDMI ports?

Attached Image

Regards, Steve.

+Quote Post
geomannie
post Mar 6 2018, 02:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 815,822

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. The only thing I hadn't tried was powering up the Gemini while connected. Unfortunately, this does not help.

Other devices (Xbox, Rasberrry Pi) connect OK so I am a bit perplexed. I have tried a different cable as well as all available HDMI ports and TV settings.

Thanks

geomannie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 03:02 AM