OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown Timer 2.5 Release
koan
post Apr 2 2018, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

My little Countdown Timer application is in need of serious attention - there are a number of features I want to add to it, so I thought it would be a good point to do a new release and draw a line under the current form.

That means a new build for Zaurus (Sharp ROM) and also a Linux x86 AppImage added to the Mac and Windows builds. The only visible difference is I added an "overrun" feature: sometimes you want to count down to an event but keep the timer running so you can see how much time passed since the alarm.

The Zaurus version runs everything in a single thread so if you choose a long sample as the alarm sound then the overrun time won't be very accurate - one of the reasons why the code needs a serious re-write.

More details and screenshots
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post Apr 3 2018, 04:05 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

Thanks for the update koan! What features are you planning to add to it in the future?

Varti

+Quote Post
koan
post Apr 4 2018, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Planned features:

1. Improved GUI
2. Multiple concurrent alarms
3. Multiple stage alarms, e.g. count down 2 minutes, alarm, count down 30 seconds, alarm, etc

I have some other interesting ideas but I don't know how they will develop.

At this time I will split development of Zaurus and Desktop versions; I don't know how much work will go into the Zaurus version - it's not as if I have a lot of people asking me for updates.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th November 2019 - 08:41 PM