OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mobile version?
Vistaus
post Jan 25 2020, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 850,627

It would be great if the forum would get a mobile skin. Not the one that's currently available, but a modern mobile version.

smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post Jan 25 2020, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

The current forum software is outdated and not suitable for mobile devices, and it is unfortunately very difficult to use on them. Due to its age there are also no themes for mobile devices. We have been since a long time planning a move to a more recent forum software with a mobile-friendly theme. Based on the availability of database conversion scripts for our board, the current candidate is SMF, which seems to have a good selection of responsive themes, too. Our host has recently installed an updated version of PHP, so now we meet the minimum software requirement for the new forum. We'll keep you informed about any update.

Varti

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Feb 13 2020, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for working on this request! SMF is pretty great software, can't wait for SMF and the mobile version to arrive, but take all the time you need to migrate everything properly smile.gif

+Quote Post
szopin
post Feb 13 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 842,637

If not full mobile version (which will probably be not great on cosmo) maybe at least rss feeds can be turned on per thread, so custom apps could consume those for device specific displaying?

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Mar 9 2020, 02:37 PM
Post #5

Any progress on this? Not trying to pressure you guys, I'm just curious smile.gif

+Quote Post
Varti
post Mar 9 2020, 11:56 PM
Post #6

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

QUOTE(Vistaus @ Mar 9 2020, 11:37 PM) *
Any progress on this? Not trying to pressure you guys, I'm just curious smile.gif

I have currently setup the forum on a separate database and applied a mobile theme, whichi looks good on both my PC and the Gemini. I'm currently checking the database conversion which stops while trying to convert some of the birthdates, the PHP conversion script needs some tweaks before it manages to convert all the database items. More news will follow, but at least it's progressing smile.gif

Varti

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Mar 11 2020, 12:42 PM
Post #7

Great to hear! Hope you'll get everything working soon! Thanks for the update (and quick response) smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2020 - 10:59 PM