OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's It Worth?, Camera CE-AG06
Pyrates
post Jan 4 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,475

Hi there!

Ok, this is not really a sale (not yet...), but I think it fits here anyway.

I have a CE-AG06 Digital Camera for my 5500, but I have no use for it. I'm gonna sell it, maybe directly to a friend, maybe via ebay, or I'll offer it here. I don't want to make a fortune out of it, but I also don't want to give it away for peanuts, so I'm asking: What's it worth? I mean, the original price seems ridiculous, so what's a fair price AS OF NOW?

Thanks for any input smile.gif

Cheers
Philipp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nathanwms
post Jan 4 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 320

I bought mine from Office Depot for $15 when they were dumping all of their Zaurus accessories. Given the quality of the camera, which is very average if you have excellent lighting and poor to totally ineffective in low light conditions, I'd say $15-$20 max.

It amounts to being something you play around with, not something that can be seriously relied upon. Just my opinion.

+Quote Post
neuroshock
post Jan 4 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,562

I bought two off of ebay in the weeks before Christmas for Christmas presents. I paid $39 for one and $27 for the other. I also bought one in November off of an Amazon.com vendor for $39. I've seen them on Amazon and elsewhere still advertised at over $100 but I've never heard of anyone in the last year actually paying more than $50-60 tops. On the low end I've seen posts on the ZUG claiming that ppl have obtained them for $19, I can't verify that though. They've been hanging at this price for almost a year and seem really stable.

The've been pretty much relegated to "almost giveaway" status and are often combined as an "incentive gift" added into a SL-5600 auction on Ebay. That's a shame really because at the near $29 price it is a really handy gadget that will work with any SL series or clamshell Zaurus that enables the user to include basic pictures etc. in emails and things such as that. I actually listed and sold a few items on Ebay using only my SL-6000 and the CE-AG06. But because they are such low res. cameras and lack auto focus and even a simple flash they will never routinely fetch more than that simply because even the slime bucket bottom class of digital cameras available right now outclass it badly, and it is almost easier to eject the memory media from the camera and insert it into an open port on your Zaurus than to stumble through the awkward CE-AG06 picture taking sequence.

But....I'll continue to use mine for very basic imaging for a long time yet simply because it is the ONLY camera option right now for Zaurus owners....and I'm a pure tee sucker for any Zaurus gadget. biggrin.gif

Good luck on selling yours and remember, the price is what you and the buyer agree on and it doesn't matter if it hair-lips the Governor, all that's important is that YOU and HE/SHE thinks it's right. So do your own thing, but I hope the above information is helpful.

Be Safe,

NeuroShock

+Quote Post
V-Man
post Jan 4 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21

I got mine at the $15.00 price biggrin.gif . Unfortuneately, that is about all it's worth. The pictures are very low quality (about like a low end camera phone). I use it for quick pics of minor traffic accidents, field interviews, and mug shots. The only really good thing about it is, that I always have it with me (in my briefcase). I think you should be able to get $20-$50 if you are lucky. Good Luck

+Quote Post
2devnull
post Jan 5 2005, 05:02 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,055

I have one and using Cacko 1.22 on 860. Which Apps would you use this with or is an ap already in Cacko?

+Quote Post
stupkid
post Jan 6 2005, 12:32 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,324

Install the qpe-camera package from the Cacko feed.

+Quote Post
chayimkirshen
post Jan 17 2005, 04:47 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,076

I bought mine new, sealed in the box for $21 on ebay if it helps. The camera truly blows in low lighting situation, and is "okay" (if your expectations are low) in good lighting. The only thing I use it for is to take pictures of my whiteboard at work, so that I can use the data elsewhere.

+Quote Post
maslovsky
post Jan 24 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 89

QUOTE(stupkid @ Jan 6 2005, 11:32 PM)
Install the qpe-camera package from the Cacko feed.

opie-camera from http://vanille.de works too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 02:43 AM