OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Desktops (workspaces)
geophile
post Jul 17 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 825,937

Is there some way to use multiple desktops or workspaces using LXQT on Linux? The Keyboard Shortcuts have entries for "Switch to Desktop N", 1 <= N <= 4, and I tried binding keys to those commands, but those keys then seem to be ineffective.

Multiple desktops would be extremely useful, given the small amount of screen real estate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jornada720
post Jul 18 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 818,918

QUOTE(geophile @ Jul 17 2018, 11:20 AM) *
Is there some way to use multiple desktops or workspaces using LXQT on Linux? The Keyboard Shortcuts have entries for "Switch to Desktop N", 1 <= N <= 4, and I tried binding keys to those commands, but those keys then seem to be ineffective.

Multiple desktops would be extremely useful, given the small amount of screen real estate.

You've encountered one of the scores of reasons why PC should have chosen KDE instead of the buggy mess that is LXQt. To adjust those settings, go to the KWin or KDE shortcuts configuration boxes.

+Quote Post
geophile
post Jul 18 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #3

Where would I find those configuration tools?

+Quote Post
Eric BF
post Jul 18 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 824,997

QUOTE(geophile @ Jul 19 2018, 02:18 AM) *
Where would I find those configuration tools?

From system menu (far left on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen), choosing (from memory) System and then ... (sorry, I don't use lxqt).

+Quote Post
geophile
post Jul 22 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #5

I figured it out. The number of desktops is configured in ~/.config/kwinrc, in the [Desktops] section.

I set the number to 4, and bound ctrl-alt N to desktop N, N = 1..4.

Now if I could only figure out how to go to the next or previous desktop, instead of selecting by number.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 12:34 PM