OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> They say the best computer is the one you always have on you
joepirello
post Jun 6 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 823,304

So after about a month with the Gemini as my daily device, I can say that my Chromebook Pixel LS, even though it's a beast of a machine, is getting less and less use compared to the Gemini. Reason being: it's a lot bigger, a lot heavier and for moments that require a quick input with a keyboard, the Gemini is much easier to use.

Yes, the keyboard will get easier to type on. I'm at the point now where I can touch type. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement keyboard mat because some keys are sticky and uneven in terms of travel, but I'm typing this on the Gemini outside at my complex's patio by the pool.

The Gemini has also been my daily driver cellular device (replacing my smartphone) as well. I'm not a big phone talker to begin with, so that aspect doesn't matter much to me. Nonetheless, there is another benefit to the Gemini that no one speaks about: the added step to use it.

I think this is a huge BENEFIT and not a hindrance, because I would often find myself taking my smartphone out of my pocket and aimlessly checking my email or looking at the device. When the screen is right there and it's so easily accessible to pick it up and turn it on, that habit can easily be formed. Having to open the clamshell of the Gemini forces an extra step, and in a lot of situations I find myself just leaving it in my pocket or bag instead of turning it on.

At the end of the day, I am finding this computer the best mobile computer I have, because it's always there, takes up no space, and is easy to use. My two machines at the moment are my Windows PC and the Gemini.

Just my 2c.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st April 2020 - 12:31 AM