OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> In search of a rugged case
Charlie Stross
post Nov 21 2018, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 817,351

So, I'd kind of like a rugged case for my Gemini, but options are problematic.

Option 1: if you can find one of the old Palm-Tec hard shell cases for a Psion 3/5, it actually fits! The footprint of the Gemini is nearly identical. However, the Gemini is shallower than the Psions, so requires about 5-8mm of padding. Alternatively, the case is too deep. I have one of these and it's the best I've found so far ... and they're rare as hens teeth even on eBay.

Option 2: The Otterbox Drybox 3250. Interior dimensions match, and it's IP68 waterproof and really rugged. Alas, the interior is about 5cm deeper than necessary for the Gemini! Room for a booster battery and cables and stuff, but ... more than I need.

Anyway. Dissatisfied with the leather sleeve; what are the chances of Planet doing a deal with a 3rd party vendor to produce a run of a Drybox sized exactly right for the Gemini and/or Cosmo? Basically a hard water/drop resistant case for transporting the PDA?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 03:12 AM