OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dash symbol with Italian keyboard and Linux (not dual boot)
galodoido
post Jun 15 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 822,555

QUOTE(salvomic @ Jun 15 2018, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(galodoido @ Jun 15 2018, 08:58 PM) *

Well, it is very interesting, I'll read it soon.
Maybe assigning - and / to two combination of keys we could solve the problem without change layout...

thanks!

salvo

Hi,
You will have to work on /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/planet_vndr , file is gemini. Edit it and save it. Make a backup before. ( logout and login to take effect ). I did my custom keyboard to get accents based on a macintosh shortcuts , for examble : option e + letter e = dead acute. (é) . Did the same for other accents and for cedilla. Diferrence is that the option key on mac is ( Fn+shift ) on gemini.
Good luck !

I hope Brazil wins the World cup !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
salvomic
post Jun 15 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 818,107

QUOTE(galodoido @ Jun 16 2018, 02:44 AM) *
Hi,
You will have to work on /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/planet_vndr , file is gemini. Edit it and save it. Make a backup before. ( logout and login to take effect ). I did my custom keyboard to get accents based on a macintosh shortcuts , for examble : option e + letter e = dead acute. (é) . Did the same for other accents and for cedilla. Diferrence is that the option key on mac is ( Fn+shift ) on gemini.
Good luck !

ok,
this week I'll do something.
This issue is one of the few problems I have having with Gemini, altogether a very good device. I hope to find a real and simple solution.

thank again!
salvo

+Quote Post
salvomic
post Oct 26 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 818,107

I'm trying now with the last Userland Debian version and the issue with dash and slash (- /) already is present: with the Italian Gemini Keyboard both / and - are ok in text only terminal but not in X (via XSDL program): there the keyboard is a mix of Italian and US with strange behaviour: shift-7 is not / but & (as shift-6), FN-* is not - but *, FN-: is not - but .; there are no dash at slash at all...
I wonder if the problem is with Locale or with XSDL or another program (maybe not Userland, as in text mode it works).

What a pity... Userland is a nice program to have Linux inside Android but to use X is a bit tricky (and also ugly).

Salvo

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 03:36 AM