OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Putty or other SSH client
zevv
post Mar 8 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,747

Did anyone maybe test if putty or any other SSH client behaves well on the Gemini and its keyboard?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Mar 8 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,806

QUOTE(zevv @ Mar 9 2018, 04:40 PM) *
Did anyone maybe test if putty or any other SSH client behaves well on the Gemini and its keyboard?

Just got mine about 8 hours ago and put about an hour into the keyboard. Once i screwed around with the keyboard settings so i could actually type "@" it was a fairly good thumb experience, for the extra characters you can hit the planet + , key to bring up the stnadard google keyboard (or any other installed keyboard) and this defaults to special symbols

I have yet to do some coding on this and while i wont be at full speed (and do not expect to) it is infinetly more usable than the built in touch screen keyboards of other machines

the plnet bar includes a link for juicessh which i happened to have purchased recently due to how happy i was with it for humb typing

+Quote Post
joe
post Mar 9 2018, 03:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 818,572

I've used ConnectBot, which is available via the F-Droid repository, so you don't need a Google account to install it. I'm very happy with it.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
vader
post Mar 9 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 816,775

I installed termux from fdroid. From there do a: pkg install openssh and voila! I am waiting for sailfish to become available, but until then termux will do.

+Quote Post
zevv
post Mar 10 2018, 08:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 815,747

QUOTE(joe @ Mar 9 2018, 12:41 PM) *
I've used ConnectBot, which is available via the F-Droid repository, so you don't need a Google account to install it. I'm very happy with it.

Attached Image

Thanks for the screenshot, looks good! Too bad the icons on the right don't move out on full screen, but I can live with that until Sailfish is available.

+Quote Post
LittleHouse75
post Mar 11 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 818,678

Yep, I've been doing SSH (well, technically MOSH) through both Termux and JuiceSSH. Both great options.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 10:11 PM