OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> default route missing
defunked
post Jul 27 2018, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 826,576

As I continue on my Sailfish/Gemini journey, I finally got LTE data working in the USA on the Verizon network.
With that now working, I discovered a new Sailfish bug: When the device switched the network default route between LTE to WiFi, the default route disappears from the routing table,
as observed via shell executed netstat -r. I need to reboot to get the network stack working again, or manually add a default route back in as su-devel:

route add default gw 192.168.11.1 wlan0

for example to get things working again with my inhouse WiFi.

Also, I can receive phone calls while registered on LTE, but after the call, Sailfish compains that no SIM is inserted until I reboot.

I am still learning my way around this OS, so I don't think I can be much help yet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
defunked
post Jul 30 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(defunked @ Jul 27 2018, 10:24 AM) *
As I continue on my Sailfish/Gemini journey, I finally got LTE data working in the USA on the Verizon network.
With that now working, I discovered a new Sailfish bug: When the device switched the network default route between LTE to WiFi, the default route disappears from the routing table,
as observed via shell executed netstat -r. I need to reboot to get the network stack working again, or manually add a default route back in as su-devel:

Also, I can receive phone calls while registered on LTE, but after the call, Sailfish compains that no SIM is inserted until I reboot.

I am still learning my way around this OS, so I don't think I can be much help yet.

More observations: Default route is lost often when transitioning from cellular data to WiFi when I move into range of my home WiFi network. The problem can be also fixed by turning airplane mode on and off again.

+Quote Post
vader
post Jul 30 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 816,775

QUOTE(defunked @ Jul 31 2018, 06:44 AM) *

More observations: Default route is lost often when transitioning from cellular data to WiFi when I move into range of my home WiFi network. The problem can be also fixed by turning airplane mode on and off again.

I installed a patch to the utils section of setup which allows you to restart things like networking, or the home page. I can't recall which app it was, but it was from openrepos. This won't stop it happening, but you should be able to fix it by clicking the restart network button. I personally haven't seen this problem, so I can't say with complete confidence that it would work.......What happens if you just disable wifi, then reconnect?

+Quote Post
defunked
post Jul 31 2018, 07:25 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(vader @ Jul 30 2018, 11:18 PM) *
QUOTE(defunked @ Jul 31 2018, 06:44 AM) *

I installed a patch to the utils section of setup which allows you to restart things like networking, or the home page. I can't recall which app it was, but it was from openrepos. This won't stop it happening, but you should be able to fix it by clicking the restart network button. I personally haven't seen this problem, so I can't say with complete confidence that it would work.......What happens if you just disable wifi, then reconnect?

I discovered that switching airplane mode on and off again restores the default route. Simply turning WiFi off/on does not fix the problem. This seems to indicate a problem with the phone/cell hooks into the routing table. As a side note, "netstat -r" hangs for about a minute when the bug has been triggered, then it finally returns a list with out the default route entry. While not great, the airplane mode fix is not too difficult a work around.

+Quote Post
dumas
post Jul 31 2018, 07:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 822,106

If networking is down, 'netstat -r' will hang for a minute trying to reverse-resolve the IP addresses to domain names. 'netstat -rn' should avoid that.

+Quote Post
defunked
post Jul 31 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(dumas @ Jul 31 2018, 08:35 AM) *
If networking is down, 'netstat -r' will hang for a minute trying to reverse-resolve the IP addresses to domain names. 'netstat -rn' should avoid that.

Right! In hind sight that should have been obvious. Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 07:43 PM