OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> µSD card seems stuck
nullr0ute
post Jun 17 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,565

When I got my Gemini last week, I only had a 32GB card laying around. I quickly filled it up and bought a 128GB card. Now, I'm trying to remove my 'old' card, but it seems stuck? Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

I really don't want to break anything. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drand
post Jun 17 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 819,125

Well I have just found an old (8gb!) uSD and you're right, it doesn't want to come out. Looking closely there are a couple of tiny raised plastic nibs keeping the card secure when it's loaded; it's a matter of slipping the edge of a fingernail or something verrry thin under the card to lift it slightly so you can then slide it over the plastic retainers using your thumb. Good luck!

+Quote Post
rubus-3.142
post Jun 17 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 824,531

QUOTE(nullr0ute @ Jun 17 2018, 08:43 PM) *
When I got my Gemini last week, I only had a 32GB card laying around. I quickly filled it up and bought a 128GB card. Now, I'm trying to remove my 'old' card, but it seems stuck? Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

I really don't want to break anything. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

There is a small recessed lip the card slips behind - to remove it I used a safety pin - gently push it a few mm under the card to raise it up a bit then use you finger nail on the ridge on the top of the card top push it "up" the shaft of the pin say 3 or 4 mm - then remove the pin and side the rest of the way

Other question - how did you format the 32GB card "portable" or "internal" - please see other thread where I had problems HERE curious as to your experience

+Quote Post
nullr0ute
post Jun 17 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 824,565

QUOTE(rubus-3.142 @ Jun 17 2018, 11:09 PM) *
Other question - how did you format the 32GB card "portable" or "internal" - please see other thread where I had problems HERE curious as to your experience

Portable. So I don't expect any problems there. I'll try it later, thanks!

+Quote Post
gidds
post Jun 17 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 816,386

It was a couple of weeks ago, but IIRC I managed to slip something small by the contact end of the SD, and push it out from that end (rather than pulling it out the normal way).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 06:19 PM