OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Components menupoint
Artemys
post Aug 24 2018, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 824,502

Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
depscribe
post Aug 24 2018, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 815,753

QUOTE(Artemys @ Aug 24 2018, 10:13 AM) *
Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?

Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.

+Quote Post
Artemys
post Aug 25 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 824,502

QUOTE(depscribe @ Aug 25 2018, 01:51 AM) *
QUOTE(Artemys @ Aug 24 2018, 10:13 AM) *

Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.

Ah. Thanks. The thing caused confusion for me was that it is separated, yes. I went through the points, but found nothing interesting or useful. Thanks once more.

+Quote Post
vader
post Aug 27 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 816,775

I think it is useful for porters/programmers to see what is available in the sailfish styled qml libraries. It gives you an idea of what is possible using just the built in libraries, and making the gui conform to sailfish standards.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 02:10 AM