OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much space?
speculatrix
post Jun 18 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

Since installing Linux also means reinstalling android and wiping the data partition, I want to choose the right amount of space for Linux so I won't have to do that again.

I have a 64GB memory card, so I can put bulk data on that.
I was thinking of allocating 8GB. I won't be compiling the entire kernel but I will probably need to compile kernel modules, so should I allocate 10 or even 12G?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
graynada
post Jun 19 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 821,829

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jun 19 2018, 07:23 AM) *
Since installing Linux also means reinstalling android and wiping the data partition, I want to choose the right amount of space for Linux so I won't have to do that again.

I have a 64GB memory card, so I can put bulk data on that.
I was thinking of allocating 8GB. I won't be compiling the entire kernel but I will probably need to compile kernel modules, so should I allocate 10 or even 12G?

I set aside 20GB as this seem plenty left for Android (coming from a half full 32GB phone) and lots for Linux with the obvious sd card expansion route for both to access.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 07:17 AM