OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Migrate from previous phone
mmarksx19
post Nov 26 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 822,045

Hi all,

Received my Cosmo yesterday and was keen to get it up and running.
It would appear that the Google restore function has not been implemented so my years of data, Wi-Fi passwords, call logs, messages, apps etc cannot be simply restored onto my new Cosmo. Setting up from scratch is a no-go as I simply don't have some of the information to enter.

Why would Planet not allow this function and what other options do I have? Right now the Cosmo is an expensive paperweight.

So frustrated!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZimbiX
post Dec 4 2019, 03:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 838,517

I've just finished migrating from my Gemini. I'd always used Titanium Backup for this previously, but sadly it no longer works properly due to a lack of support for split APK apps which are now a thing apparently - it would just get stuck when restoring one, with no feedback (e.g. Uber).

I ended up trying Swift Backup, which worked quite well. Since the Termux restore didn't work using that, I did it manually easily enough by following the handy tar instructions in https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Backing_up_Termux
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 03:41 PM