OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speakers
vader
post Nov 27 2019, 02:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 816,775

When the Gemini first came out, it had mono speakers - not through design. They were loud, but tinny. I thought the cosmo would be similar, however I did a few tests today, and was very pleasantly surprissed. The speakers are most definitely stereo, they are loud, and less tinny than gemini. I still wouldn't put them in the same boat as say a good bluetooth speaker, but they are quite usable. Stereo separation is excellent, and there is plenty of volume to play with.

I played oxygene at full volume and was actually amazed at the quality and quantity of sound eminating from the little beast. I haven't installed an equaliser yet, but I would guess you could sacrifice a bit of volume for better sound. I would be interested in hearing what other people think of the sound. There are some good audiophile sound tracks on youtube, but if you have a decent bitrate mp3, I would think that would be better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iJacks
post Nov 27 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 823,791

I haven't tested the speakers just yet, beyond the various alerts telling me an email has arrived - which were plenty loud enough!

However to really see how good they are (which right now as I am at work I won't - might get shot!) try this site: https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/7073

They provide some high quality audio samples, in a range of formats including FLAC (which is far superior to MP3).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 04:02 PM