OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best app for large volume formatted text entry?, Alternatives to Word
drpeter
post Nov 30 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 778,102

I backed the Cosmo essentially to have a pocketable means of large-volume text entry with a more usable screen and equivalent keyboard to the Psion 5mx- with phone/web functionality as a bonus.

Now I have my hands on the beast, what app would Gemini/Cosmo users recommend installing as an alternative to the dreadful Microsoft Word for Android?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Nov 30 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 91,772

TextMaker HD

Jake

+Quote Post
gymbo
post Nov 30 2019, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 816,769

QUOTE(jakfish @ Dec 1 2019, 02:02 AM) *
TextMaker HD

Jake

TextMaker has that, kind of silly, bug that it moves two letters/rows etc. with arrow keys in the Gemini, and I assume it has the same in Cosmo? Otherwise, it seems like a good piece of software.

Personally I use OfficeSuite and AndrOpen Office, both "full" Office suites (wordprocessor, spreadsheet and presentations). I use OfficeSuite mainly because it is one of the few with an option to BUY and not just RENT the full version (TextMaker, and their other apps, are also possible to buy, as far as I know). And it supports most "common" shortcut keys. AndrOpen Office is supposedly an Open Office port, and have things like a virtual mouse, but the menus are hard to use: You can only access them with touchscreen or mouse (virtual or "real"?), as "Alt"-key combinations don't work, at least on the Gemini. But AndroOpen Office apparently reads file-headings, as it is capable of opening files that, for som reason, gets wrong "association": Where OpenOffice stubbornly opens a file as "txt", it opens it in the right format (and I don't seem to be able to "correct" it by changing the file ending either).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 04:00 PM