OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modem only working on none-rooted android?
mifritscher
post Mar 4 2020, 05:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 818,513

I rooted my cosmo the "official" way, ie installed the rooted kernel in one of the slots (should be EMPTY_NORMAL_BOOT_3 or EMPTY_NORMAL_BOOT_4). The problem is that the SIM card is only detected in normal (non-rooted) android, not in the rooted version.

Can it be that lk does initialize the modem only when booting from the normal android boot partition?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lokomoko
post Mar 4 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 866,005

QUOTE(mifritscher @ Mar 4 2020, 02:31 PM) *
I rooted my cosmo the "official" way, ie installed the rooted kernel in one of the slots (should be EMPTY_NORMAL_BOOT_3 or EMPTY_NORMAL_BOOT_4). The problem is that the SIM card is only detected in normal (non-rooted) android, not in the rooted version.

Same here! This has already been mentioned in this and this post.

+Quote Post
LinuxGuy
post Mar 5 2020, 01:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 862,679

QUOTE(lokomoko @ Mar 4 2020, 11:18 AM) *

<sigh> SIM is not working on rooted android (and in Linux).Any work around? I will file a bug report onthe PC site.

Thanks inadvance!

+Quote Post
SwordfishII
post Mar 5 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 865,555

QUOTE(LinuxGuy @ Mar 5 2020, 01:03 PM) *
QUOTE(lokomoko @ Mar 4 2020, 11:18 AM) *

<sigh> SIM is not working on rooted android (and in Linux).Any work around? I will file a bug report onthe PC site.

Thanks inadvance!

So you didn't read multiple posts above yours, or what you quoted...Otherwise you would realize this issue is known. If there were a work around it also would have been posted.

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Mar 6 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 850,627

Will be fixed later this month smile.gif (IGG Update #47)

"The new Android firmware will also modify the bootloader so that the mobile radio modem and SIM cards will be recognised when booting into Linux, rooted Android and other non-Android partitions.

The firmware also includes recent Android security/system patches.

We will release this new Android firmware during March."

+Quote Post
Floh
post Mar 15 2020, 04:37 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 866,666

So I assume if I rooted in uninofficial way the first partition Android, the mobile modem still work then. Am I right?

Did Planet tell, we'll get an official way to root the first partition? Or will it never be official?

Best regards!
Floh

+Quote Post
cam1965
post Mar 17 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 848,911

QUOTE(Floh @ Mar 15 2020, 04:37 AM) *
So I assume if I rooted in uninofficial way the first partition Android, the mobile modem still work then. Am I right?

Did Planet tell, we'll get an official way to root the first partition? Or will it never be official?

Best regards!
Floh

Mine is rooted not officially and the sim card works. Please, see the posts here. Don' t forget to unlock the bootloader first. I've used an image of the rooted android provided here in this forum. I've used fastboot mode and I have connected my mac ( with linux ) to do this job. Be careful. Please read carefully all the messages here. Also , twrp from this forum works and the official twrp did not work ( I think it is because of the rooted android in the first partition ). I have rooted android, twrp and DEBIAN. The hardware section of this forum is the best place to look about this. Good luck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 02:46 PM