OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GSM-calls?, Is there a linux program for it?
LinuxGuy
post Mar 26 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 862,679

Hi

now, as Linux has access to the sim - is there a program which can be used for ordinary pone calls/sms via GSM, like the phone app in Android? No VoIP or sip etc, of course.

Thanks a lot!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
suhrm
post Mar 27 2020, 05:59 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 861,381

Hi,

Have you been able to use the modem in Linux? I have not had any luck even finding it using tools like modem-manager etc.

With regards to applications there should be an ubuntu-phone application called dialer-app.

+Quote Post
mibry
post Mar 27 2020, 07:16 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 822,788

QUOTE(suhrm @ Mar 27 2020, 01:59 PM) *
Hi,

Have you been able to use the modem in Linux? I have not had any luck even finding it using tools like modem-manager etc.

With regards to applications there should be an ubuntu-phone application called dialer-app.

Have you recompiled the kernel? I think the kernel might not include the modem at present I haven't had a look myself. Have you checked dmesg for the modem?

+Quote Post
mibry
post Mar 27 2020, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 822,788

QUOTE(mibry @ Mar 27 2020, 03:16 PM) *
QUOTE(suhrm @ Mar 27 2020, 01:59 PM) *
Hi,

Have you recompiled the kernel? I think the kernel might not include the modem at present I haven't had a look myself. Have you checked dmesg for the modem?

From the telegram group, Cosmo is missing a ofono plugin. So Wont work for now. Hopefully soon.

+Quote Post
LinuxGuy
post Apr 3 2020, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 862,679

Hi to all

QUOTE(mibry @ Mar 27 2020, 07:57 AM) *
From the telegram group, Cosmo is missing a ofono plugin. So Wont work for now. Hopefully soon.

Well, installed Dialer app, but right, " no network" error. Setting up a broadband-connection in the networkmanager application didnt help either ... any new idea?
Thanks for your advice!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 12:57 PM