Author Topic: Bluetooth And Email Sending  (Read 2191 times)

Cresho

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/
Bluetooth And Email Sending
« on: March 13, 2005, 03:55:50 pm »
i think i have a small problem.

i have a zaurus and a s56 siemens cell phone.  my zaurus connects to the internet via 56kflashmodem or pretec wifi or bluetooth linked to my cell phone from anywere with unlimited data restriction.  i can pretty much do anything.

but one thing.

i use kop/pi mail version 2  with openssl   but i cant recall the versions.  I can link with my bluetooth and browse the net, collect email but...........................

i cannot send emails?  it says error sending mail.  mailbox unavailable.  but it does work with wifi
Zaurus C-3200 (internal 8gb seagate drive) with buuf icon theme, cacko 1.23 full,  and also Meanie's pdaxqtrom-Debian/Open Office
Zaurus SL-5500 Sharp Rom 3.13 with steel theme
pretec pocket pc wi fi
ambicom bt2000-cf bluetooth-made in taiwan
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb
ocz or patriot 4gb sd(failed after 2 weeks)only on z
creative csw-5300 speakers in stereo
DigiLife DDV-1000 for video, Audio, Picture recording playable on the zaurus
Mustek DV4500-video recorder, pictures, voice record on sd for z

zaurusthemes.biz | ZaurusVideo | Zaurus Software

tumnus

• View Profile
    • http://www.cpinkney.org.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:43:43 pm »
Are you sending mail using your cell phone network's SMTP server?

SMTP servers are usually locked down such that you can only send mail with them while on the same network/ISP.
# Search the Zaurus Howtos ## Search the Zaurus FAQs ## Find Z software at ELSI #
--------------------
UK SL5500 with Sharp ROM 3.13, SL5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - SuSE 9.0 Pro, Windows XP Home
Qualendar for Calendar and Todo
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Kingmax 512MB MMC Card, Palm Tungsten T Stylus,
Pretec CF->Smartmedia Adapter, Semsons Universal Battery Extender

Cresho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 02:49:11 am »
thanks man for your reply especially.  I use your bluetooth files and got everything set up and running nicely with a siemens s56.

Anyway, what you said does make sense but when i use my wifi, it can up the email and i jujst dont understand why it doesnt work with bluetooth.  Ill play with the settings a bit more i just havent had time this week to fix the problem.

this is my setup.  My email is of course from earthlink.  my cellphone was at&t and now belongs to cingular.  My home internet is charter cable.

so i connect zaurussl5500 to s56 through bluez to cingular and access email from earthlink.  i have 2 ways of collecting email  smtpauth or smtp.  use secure sockets only when available and sometimes i play with the user login.  ill add more as i come around.  Ill be more accurate on the next post after my test tomorrow cuz i need to study now.

thanks tumnus.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 02:53:54 am by Cresho »
Zaurus C-3200 (internal 8gb seagate drive) with buuf icon theme, cacko 1.23 full,  and also Meanie's pdaxqtrom-Debian/Open Office
pretec pocket pc wi fi
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb

Cresho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 05:36:30 am »
HEY!

i got the email working.  instead of smtp.earthlink.net, i switched it to smtpauth.earthlink.net along with use secure sockets when available and username and password.

typing from my zaurus btw using bluez to log me in  
pretec pocket pc wi fi
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb

tumnus

• View Profile
    • http://www.cpinkney.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 03:33:21 pm »
Yup, as I said, most SMTP servers will not allow you to connect to them unless you are on the same network (Earthlink's in this case). smtp.earthlink.net is setup just like that, but there are also servers that you can connect to from anywhere as long as you provide a registered username/password like you can with smtpauth.earthlink.net.
# Search the Zaurus Howtos ## Search the Zaurus FAQs ## Find Z software at ELSI #
--------------------
UK SL5500 with Sharp ROM 3.13, SL5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - SuSE 9.0 Pro, Windows XP Home
Qualendar for Calendar and Todo
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Kingmax 512MB MMC Card, Palm Tungsten T Stylus,
Pretec CF->Smartmedia Adapter, Semsons Universal Battery Extender