Author Topic: Pwm/pi  (Read 1837 times)

rickh

• View Profile
Pwm/pi
« on: March 31, 2005, 12:10:16 pm »
Well, I was using ZSafe on my 5600, but now want to switch to PWM/Pi to take advantage of the full screen - something ZSafe doesn't do.  

So, I'm trying to figure out how to add multiple categories (in addition to "Default").  I can rename "Default" to something else, but I can't add more than one category in a document.  Ideally, I want to have just three categories: "Peresoanl", "Websites" and "Work", all viewable from the same window.

Judging from the screenshot on the PWM/Pi webpage, I should be able to do this, but I can't figure out what I need to do.  Can't find any other documentation on it either.  No doubt it's something really simple too :-)

Thanks for any help.

R.
==
* SL-5600/Sharp 1.0 ROM w/1GB Lexar CF card, 1GB IBM Microdrive, 1GB PNY SD card, several Hitachi and MagicStor CF hard drives.
* Nokia N800 Internet tablet, 2GB Nokia MicroSD card, two 4GB Transcend SD cards.
* Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth keyboard.

stupkid

• View Profile
    • http://
Pwm/pi
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:28:48 pm »
I had the same confusion.  To create a new category designate a category when creating a new entry.  That's it.  You don't create categories separate from creating entries.

Hope this helps.

Well, I was using ZSafe on my 5600, but now want to switch to PWM/Pi to take advantage of the full screen - something ZSafe doesn't do. 

So, I'm trying to figure out how to add multiple categories (in addition to "Default").  I can rename "Default" to something else, but I can't add more than one category in a document.  Ideally, I want to have just three categories: "Peresoanl", "Websites" and "Work", all viewable from the same window.

Judging from the screenshot on the PWM/Pi webpage, I should be able to do this, but I can't figure out what I need to do.  Can't find any other documentation on it either.  No doubt it's something really simple too :-)

Thanks for any help.

R.
==
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Zaurus SL-C3200 pdaXii13v2 5.5 / Ambicom WC1100C-CF / Socket Bluetooth Rev G

OpenMoko FreeRunner - Running Tweaked OM2008.x Image

rickh

• View Profile
Pwm/pi
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 12:44:41 pm »
I had the same confusion.  To create a new category designate a category when creating a new entry.  That's it.  You don't create categories separate from creating entries.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.  I knew it would be something simple.  The redness on my forehead from smacking myself will fade :-)

R.
==
* SL-5600/Sharp 1.0 ROM w/1GB Lexar CF card, 1GB IBM Microdrive, 1GB PNY SD card, several Hitachi and MagicStor CF hard drives.
* Nokia N800 Internet tablet, 2GB Nokia MicroSD card, two 4GB Transcend SD cards.

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Pwm/pi
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 08:14:08 pm »
Thanks.  I knew it would be something simple.  The redness on my forehead from smacking myself will fade :-)
We've been working on usability in the KDEPIM suite for a while, so expect silly stuff like that to improve gradually.
I've focused my testing on KOPI for a long time, but we'll get to the other apps eventually
Rick, would you be able to do a bit of testing on the 5500? I don't have a Z with a low-res screen to test on...

rickh

• View Profile
Pwm/pi
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 09:54:41 pm »
Rick, would you be able to do a bit of testing on the 5500? I don't have a Z with a low-res screen to test on...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73057\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I have a 5600 (running stock Sharp ROM), but sure.  I was just planning on using my 5600 as a GPS unit in my car, but I can certainly do some testing with it as well.

Email at: rhenry at parafrase dot com if you need any info.

R.
==

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Pwm/pi
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 07:37:44 am »
Thanks Rick.
It'd be nice if you could check the fit of all configs and edition screens on a low-res device. That's basically the only thing that's different than the C-series which I can test on.
Oh, tell me if the size of the default fonts is nice on QVGA, too.
Thanks again.