Author Topic: Addressbook Woes  (Read 14124 times)

fastscirocco

• View Profile
Addressbook Woes
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 07:29:15 am »
OK don't know if I did someting wrong or if my C3000 that I purchased used (1 month old) has a different address book on it. It is named address book but when you open it up it says contacts, here is a screen grab of my "addressbook" and the icon for it.

Do I have a differentt program and not the "address book"????

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/chrisanjenn/scrn001.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/chrisanjenn/scrn003.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

OK yeah I missquoted, dang! :-(
This is what my "address book" looks like, came with my used 30 day old C3000 I didn't install it, there is no "about" info that I can find.

Where can I get the "sharp address book"?

Thanks for the info
Chris

gojira

• View Profile
Addressbook Woes
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 08:45:10 pm »
This is what my "address book" looks like, came with my used 30 day old C3000 I didn't install it, there is no "about" info that I can find.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75115\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

What about the help ("?") button, and the desktop file (look under /home/QtPalmtop/apps/*/)?

Where can I get the "sharp address book"?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75115\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

There's been 2 posted to this very thread already, and you can probably find more if you search...
Zaurus SL-C3200 Debian EABI / Sharp ROM (tetsu v18j), Socket CF Bluetooth (Rev E), BT747 GPS, Canon K30225 CF Wifi.  RIP: Zaurus SL-C860 Sharp ROM (1.40JP).

kurochka

• View Profile
Addressbook Woes
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2005, 03:22:56 pm »
Could someone please post a version of addressbook.so that corrects the English tabs problem on the SL-C3000? I'd REALLY appreciate it. 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72847\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Here is addressbook.so, the one on my 6K
You have to unzip the file first
permissions: -rwxr-x---   root/qpe
size: 460kb
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74710\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Could you help me out with permissions?  I am trying to replace my addressbook.so with the one provided in the post but I am not this is a read-only filesystem.  I tried to chmod but again it wouldn't let me.  How do I replace this file?  Has anybody tried it?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 03:24:03 pm by kurochka »
SL-C3100 (from PriceJapan.com): modified Sharp Rom (couldn't make Japanese input work in Cacko Rom)

ex-SL-C3000; ex-SL-5600; ex-Simpad

gojira

• View Profile
Addressbook Woes
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 09:36:45 pm »
Could you help me out with permissions?  I am trying to replace my addressbook.so with the one provided in the post but I am not this is a read-only filesystem.  I tried to chmod but again it wouldn't let me.  How do I replace this file?  Has anybody tried it?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76165\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Code: [Select]
# ls -l  /home/QtPalmtop/binlib/addressbook.so.orig
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           40 Jan  1  1970 /home/QtPalmtop/binlib/addressbook.so -> /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/binlib/addressbook.so
# ls -l /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/binlib/addressbook.so
-rwxr-x---    1 root     qpe        477772 May 12  2004 /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/binlib/addressbook.so
# mount
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (ro)
/dev/mtdblock3 on /home type jffs2 (rw,noatime)

The file you need to replace is a link in a writable filesystem to a file in a read-only filesystem, so just remove or rename the link and put the new file in its place, e.g.:
Code: [Select]
# mv /home/QtPalmtop/binlib/addressbook.so /home/QtPalmtop/binlib/addressbook.so.orig; mv addressbook.so /home/QtPalmtop/binlib/
You might want to read a book on using Unix, and maybe also on Unix system administration.
Zaurus SL-C3200 Debian EABI / Sharp ROM (tetsu v18j), Socket CF Bluetooth (Rev E), BT747 GPS, Canon K30225 CF Wifi.  RIP: Zaurus SL-C860 Sharp ROM (1.40JP).