Author Topic: How To Clear App From Installed List In Pkg Mgr?  (Read 2305 times)

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How To Clear App From Installed List In Pkg Mgr?
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:38:42 am »
Tried to install Firefox but ran out of room on /User...so didn't fully install...

But it shows up on 'Installed' list. Tried to remove it by clicking in checkbox and get checkmark and then click on 'gear' button. Asks if I want to remove Firefox, say yes...minute later it stops process, but it is still in list. Log says that "Package Firefox not found on external storages".

How can I clear this from list, so that I can install it on other partition with more room??

Tried removing in Aterm but there's no Firefox to remove...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:42:52 am »
Tried to install Firefox but ran out of room on /User...so didn't fully install...

But it shows up on 'Installed' list. Tried to remove it by clicking in checkbox and get checkmark and then click on 'gear' button. Asks if I want to remove Firefox, say yes...minute later it stops process, but it is still in list. Log says that "Package Firefox not found on external storages".

How can I clear this from list, so that I can install it on other partition with more room??

Tried removing in Aterm but there's no Firefox to remove...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117860\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

There are two parts to this. You can check /usr/lib/ipkg/info/firefox.list and remove all the files listed in there to clean up and then delete the file itself. Then you need to remove the firefox entries in /usr/lib/ipkg/status
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 09:31:46 am »
Thanks as always for your help, Meanie!

Checked but no 'firefox.list' file there...removed entries from 'status'....

Mark

There are two parts to this. You can check /usr/lib/ipkg/info/firefox.list and remove all the files listed in there to clean up and then delete the file itself. Then you need to remove the firefox entries in /usr/lib/ipkg/status
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
MacBookPro

Xromer

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:34:21 pm »
Thanks as always for your help, Meanie!

Checked but no 'firefox.list' file there...removed entries from 'status'....

Mark

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117904\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
OK....
Type ipkg status firefox to see where is installed.
It will looks like this:
Package: firefox
Root: /home/user
Version: 1.0

It means that the file description is installed in /home/user/usr/lib/ipkg.
So you have to go there and edit the status file and delete the strings related to firefox.
After that you have to go in the /home/user/usr/lib/info and delete the file firefox.list.
That' s it.
Hope it helps.
BYEZ!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 02:34:42 pm by Xromer »
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']I don't know how, but i' ll do!!!
This is how i like to live! :)[/span]

Ipaq hx4700

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:21:59 pm »
Thanks for that info, Xromer!

Mark
MacBookPro