Author Topic: Cacko3k Feedback  (Read 212699 times)

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2005, 11:10:37 am »
OK, there are new versions of mplayer and bvdd on the atty website ...

http://atty.jp/?Zaurus%2Fmplayer#content_1_2

With bvdd 0.3.1 and mplayer 1.1.2 I can now run bvdd for QVGA movies simply by passing the arguments -vm -fs and these options work from Kino2.

Tested with the iwmmxt version of mplayer on Cacko 1.23 beta1 for SL-C3000.

The only glitch is that mplayer doesn't preserve the screen and whilst the main portion of the screen repaints properly when you quit you will need to go into something else fullscreen to get the Status bar to repaint. (ScummVM is good, or Konsole ->switch to full screen then back).

- Andy
OpenBSD 4.2 -current on full 4Gb of SL-C3000
Microdrive replaced with 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card

gerenb

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2005, 11:22:29 am »
...When I tried the Tetsu Special Kernel on Sharp Rom 1.11JP, it didn't work with my Socket Bluetooth CF rev. H. It may be necessary to compile an enhanced kernel that doesn't break bluetooth compatibility. Socket Bluetooth compatibility is important for Cacko3K (at least for me).   
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Could you possibly give me some details of exactly what happened when you tried to test Bluez with the Tetsu kernel?

Did you use someone elses Bluez package with that Kernel? Did you install the IPK of Kernel modules that comes with that Kernel?

All this makes a difference and the first step is letting us know if you can get your socket card working with the BETA1 ROM. The BETA1 rom has all the Bluez kernel modules from the accompanying IPK that tetsu produced built in and handles loading and unloading of the Bluez stuff through hotplug/pcmcia rather than at system startup. - quite different from traditional Bluez IPKs knocking around.

- Andy
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'll install BETA1 this weekend and let you know.

Thanks!  

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2005, 01:35:15 pm »
Right, got to say this again... THANKS kahm for getting that apache-php package and Opera working.

I have been working on prototype stuff for so long now that I forgot how useful it was to get my QwikiWiki available on my Zaurus. I just pushed the tarball back onto the Zaurus and it works SO well.

You're welcome  Glad to see it works for someone.

Some modifications that I would suggest are...

1. Add a webauthor user using UID 501 and GID 501 (matching the group).

2. Change /hdd2/www/conf/httpd.conf and edit the user nobody group nobody lines to user webauthor group webauthor.

3. Set ownership over htdocs to webauthor:webauthor

If you make these changes then the proper permission set is in place for most apps including QwikiWiki.

Without the update of httpd.conf (probably just for GID) you can't display images from subdirectories in htdocs.

I'll take a look at it. It will take a couple of days before I have time. I'm not too familiar with Apache security so I'm not sure of the implications of changing the username for it.

As for seeing the Qtopia crash on beta1 - I haven't yet. I only installed it yesterday, though.
Fujitsu U8240 "Stormtrooper" -  Zaurus Supplement
Libretto U100 | Sony Librie, Sony Reader
SL-C3100: Sharp 1.11JP (Kanji Dictionary/Translator) - LCD Top swap with C1000.
SL-C3000: pdaXii13 5.4.7, SL-C3000 5.4.9 - microdrive replaced with 8gb Sandisk
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive

gerenb

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2005, 10:54:42 pm »
...When I tried the Tetsu Special Kernel on Sharp Rom 1.11JP, it didn't work with my Socket Bluetooth CF rev. H. It may be necessary to compile an enhanced kernel that doesn't break bluetooth compatibility. Socket Bluetooth compatibility is important for Cacko3K (at least for me).   
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Could you possibly give me some details of exactly what happened when you tried to test Bluez with the Tetsu kernel?

Did you use someone elses Bluez package with that Kernel? Did you install the IPK of Kernel modules that comes with that Kernel?

All this makes a difference and the first step is letting us know if you can get your socket card working with the BETA1 ROM. The BETA1 rom has all the Bluez kernel modules from the accompanying IPK that tetsu produced built in and handles loading and unloading of the Bluez stuff through hotplug/pcmcia rather than at system startup. - quite different from traditional Bluez IPKs knocking around.

- Andy
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I've loaded BETA1 and my Socket rev. H card works! I only have one problem - the plug/globe only appears after entering the network applet. It doesn't appear upon insertion of the card.  

perzianpride

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2005, 11:07:20 pm »
I got a problem when I try to install gaim...
IPKG say something wrong....

anyone know howto install it ?

thanks and thanks for this wonderful rom

sorry for my bad english
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

gaim is notoriously fiddly.. here's exactly what you need to do.

1. Get a WLAN or other internet connection going from the Z.

2. Start Add/Remove programs

3. Select Install packages via networks

4. Tap the Switch button and create a new feed named gaim using the URL [a href=\"http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release]http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release[/url]

When you hit OK, if you don't see the packages go back, select the gaim entry (now in the Servers list) and hit OK again.

5. Install in this order..

libopie1
qpe-gaim

This will pull all the dependencies from the feed...

6. Install the libgaim-procotols that you need.

7. Close the installer.

8. DO NOT RUN YET. Start konsole and do the following..

mkdir Applications/.gaim
ln -s Applications/.gaim .gaim

9. Exit konsole, find the icon and using the stylus hold mechanism remove the 'Display with magnified screen option'.

Gaim should now run.

Other suggestions are...

a. Move to Network Tab using Tab settings.
b. Turn off Large Icons in preferences since the two lines of text used alongside the large icons look a bit ugly on the 3K.
c. Drop the feed if you don't need it any more.

Hope this helps,

- Andy
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Everything works fine when I follow your directions, but whenever I try to receive a message from somebody using the oscar protocol I get a response of

(There was an error receiving this message)

Have you come across this? How can this be fixed?

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2005, 02:48:14 am »
Everything works fine when I follow your directions, but whenever I try to receive a message from somebody using the oscar protocol I get a response of

(There was an error receiving this message)

Have you come across this? How can this be fixed?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Sorry haven't seen that error (but I don't use OSCAR). Could we try to keep this thread for the 3K ROM please? rather than non ROM specific questions. Thanks, Andy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:48:34 am by iamasmith »

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2005, 03:01:00 am »
I've loaded BETA1 and my Socket rev. H card works! I only have one problem - the plug/globe only appears after entering the network applet. It doesn't appear upon insertion of the card. 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You have a Bluetooth dialup connection created? Card insertion should be bringin up those symbols as that's generic stuff - the ROM by this stage should already have recognised it as a Bluetooth card.

Does the card appear in the Card Manager applet ?

Could you also check the following for me please ?

lsmod before going into the Network Applet
lsmod after going into the Network Applet (don't think it will be different but may be).

cardctl status

cardctl ident

BTW: If you do stumble across something in the meantime, however trivial it seems, that makes the card work then please post to this thread - I would like to wrap any such changes in the next release. Unfortunately I don't have one of these cards to test with, all I have is an LSE0039 card - which, as you can guess works beautifully.

Regards,

Andy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 03:32:01 am by iamasmith »

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2005, 09:24:01 pm »
Hi Andy,

Installed Beta1 earlier today and so far it's GREAT!

Install went smooth on first try. All my data and apps were there after it rebooted!!

The boot splash screen is nice too!

Only one weird thing so far is that when I clicked the 'On/Off' button on the front edge of the C3000 it won't turn off!

Everything else so far seems to work well...

SD/CF card work fine and so do my Socket ethernet card and Ambicom WiFi card....

Again, THANKS for doing this Andy!!!

Mark
Very Happy Z Owner.....
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

euroclie

• View Profile
    • http://
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2005, 02:03:54 am »
Install went smooth on first try. All my data and apps were there after it rebooted!!
Did you perform the second reboot, enter the system menu and select option 3 then 1 as mentioned in the ReadMe?

I had the same pleasant surprise when I installed the alpha ROM, and only a few minutes later did I remember that second stage of the install that wipes the user data and reformats the partitions, installing the Cacko stuff. All worked fine during that few minutes though, which might indeed be misleading and lead you to omit the end of the install procedure...
Patrick

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2005, 04:49:54 am »
Did you perform the second reboot, enter the system menu and select option 3 then 1 as mentioned in the ReadMe?

I had the same pleasant surprise when I installed the alpha ROM, and only a few minutes later did I remember that second stage of the install that wipes the user data and reformats the partitions, installing the Cacko stuff. All worked fine during that few minutes though, which might indeed be misleading and lead you to omit the end of the install procedure...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77688\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

ArchiMark, PLEASE, read the readme file. As Euroclie points out this is REALLY important. If you didn't do that then you are only running about 30% of the ROM because most of the good stuff relies upon the user partitions being setup and that only happens when you erase the unit.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 04:51:01 am by iamasmith »

Jondalar

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2005, 05:18:26 am »
Hi all,

I installed the ROM to my C3000 this morning and I really do like the way it looks. To do more with it I would like to use my NetGear WiFi card. Running a Z5600 and the orinigal ROM on my C3000 it worked fine. The Cracko rom also recognized the card and calls it a ZCom XI300 - which is the same basically.

The only that does not work, is running WEP 128bit hex with a shared key. Does this work for anyone else? I hate opening my encryption here at home ... but without WLAN/WiFi the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me  

I would like to see some logs but where would they be stored?

Also, I run an AMD64 with kernel 2.6.12-rc3 and would like to connect to the Z via USB-Net ... is there anyone who made that working? Under W2K everything works fine, but who wants W$  

Thanks for any help and, IAMASMITH and the rest - keep the good work up!!! This ROM will be way much better than the Sharp original and make the Z even more interesting!!!

Cheers
J*

edit
By the way, running the WiFi without any encryption doesn't change the situation ...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 05:21:35 am by Jondalar »

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2005, 05:42:59 am »
Hi all,

I installed the ROM to my C3000 this morning and I really do like the way it looks. To do more with it I would like to use my NetGear WiFi card. Running a Z5600 and the orinigal ROM on my C3000 it worked fine. The Cracko rom also recognized the card and calls it a ZCom XI300 - which is the same basically.

The only that does not work, is running WEP 128bit hex with a shared key. Does this work for anyone else? I hate opening my encryption here at home ... but without WLAN/WiFi the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me 

Yes, this works for me, but I'm using a differen AP and card. (DLink DI-624 and Mercury NL-2511CF [prism2 not prism3 version]) card. BTW: Your PSK is initially for auth, there's still encryption on Open System.

I would like to see some logs but where would they be stored?

The logs aren't actually stored, however, check the kernel ring buffer for a lot of useful information (dmesg)

Also, I run an AMD64 with kernel 2.6.12-rc3 and would like to connect to the Z via USB-Net ... is there anyone who made that working? Under W2K everything works fine, but who wants W$ 

I think this should work fine, however, I have to say that I have only connected my Z by USB once to check that USB sync and storage worked in the ROM - that was under Windows. Everything else I do over WIFI (Sync with Outlook on a VMWare session over WIFI). If you hare having problems then check the kernel ring buffer on your host when you plug the Z in. Make sure that the Z is configured for network PC Link using IP.

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2005, 09:55:09 am »
Whoops, no I didn't do that, euroclie! ....

Must have been too excited seeing that colorful new splash screen!!...

Meanwhile, any suggestions about the 'On/Off' button not working now??

Thanks!

Mark

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77688\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
MacBookPro

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2005, 10:34:05 am »
any chance of getting wpa soon, or am i just missing somthing?

edit: where is the documents folder now, cant seem to find it
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 10:34:38 am by Da_Blitz »
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2005, 10:40:34 am »
Andy,

OK, did that and now fully installed and working!

'On/Off' switch is even working now!!

All is good, except for having to get all my data/apps back again.....  

Thanks,

Mark

ArchiMark, PLEASE, read the readme file. As Euroclie points out this is REALLY important. If you didn't do that then you are only running about 30% of the ROM because most of the good stuff relies upon the user partitions being setup and that only happens when you erase the unit.
MacBookPro