Author Topic: Cacko Rom 1.23 For C1000 Progress  (Read 55053 times)

Smuffle

• View Profile
Cacko Rom 1.23 For C1000 Progress
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2005, 10:57:58 am »
*edit #2* It works. C3k(1) built-in dicts work both with Zdict and Ztenv.
Will be posting the howto/IPK when I get some time, depends on the interest; I'm currently studying for my kanji exam and I'm rather busy.
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
How are you gentlemen!

I made a Zdict IPK, you can find it on [a href=\"http://life.is.just.a.dre.am/zaurus/]http://life.is.just.a.dre.am/zaurus/[/url].
You're also going to need http://www.gohome.org/zten/kakasi_2.3.4-2_arm.ipk
I think you might have to run 'sudo ipkg install zdict_obradovic_0.1_arm.ipk' manually.
Please check if it works and let me know.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103119\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I gave it a go but no luck for me.  It just tried to switch to portrait mode, black screen "please wait" and then back to the start.  I have the Zdict files on my SD card, maybe this has something to do with it...

Tomoe

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2005, 11:02:59 am »
I gave it a go but no luck for me.  It just tried to switch to portrait mode, black screen "please wait" and then back to the start.  I have the Zdict files on my SD card, maybe this has something to do with it...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103137\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Could you run it from console and write the output here please?
Also, have you installed kakasi?
BTW, I have the files on a SD card too so that shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:16:01 am by Tomoe »

Smuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2005, 07:24:33 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have to keep flashing back to the Sharp ROM (because of the dictionary) so I can't get the console output right now but from what I remember, it looked very normal and seemd to be happy.  I installed the Japanese fonts (from the Cacko website) AFTER I installed it because I forgot - could be relevant.

I'm confused as to why it would try to go to portrait mode.. does your's work in landscape mode?

Tomoe

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2005, 08:27:11 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have to keep flashing back to the Sharp ROM (because of the dictionary) so I can't get the console output right now but from what I remember, it looked very normal and seemd to be happy.  I installed the Japanese fonts (from the Cacko website) AFTER I installed it because I forgot - could be relevant.

I'm confused as to why it would try to go to portrait mode.. does your's work in landscape mode?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Blah. Well if the best what you can give me is 'it looked very normal', then the best I can give you is 'it should work'. I ran it after going through the procedure described in cacko-jp faq and installing Kakasi, that's about it. It works on drake's Z too (save for loading the dicts off HD, works only for flash cards (SD and CF) for now). I'm currently checking that. We're all in this together, nobody will be able to help you if you don't try on your own. =P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:27:06 am by Tomoe »

drakecoldwinter

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2005, 10:00:15 am »
smuffle, I installed zdict from Tomoe and also Kakasi and another library eb_4.2v02 zdict works pretty well, as for the dict files you need to relink them for zdict to see them

cd /home/QtPalmtop
ln -s /hdd3/dict1

I putted all the dictionarys into /hdd3/dict1 and erased dict2, zdict works perfect. Thanks Tomoe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SL-C3100
Cacko lite 1.23
Lynksys Wifi card
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2005, 10:33:45 am »
Blah. Well if the best what you can give me is 'it looked very normal', then the best I can give you is 'it should work'.

*humbled*.  Fair point.  I just haven't had the time to sit and reflash of late.

As soon as I have a chance I'll sit down and do it properly - from what drakecoldwinter says, you've boldly gone where no man has gone before.  Looks like you deserve a big "well done" in advance; now I can enjoy cacko  

Tomoe

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2005, 11:48:13 am »
Blah. Well if the best what you can give me is 'it looked very normal', then the best I can give you is 'it should work'.

*humbled*.  Fair point.  I just haven't had the time to sit and reflash of late.

As soon as I have a chance I'll sit down and do it properly - from what drakecoldwinter says, you've boldly gone where no man has gone before.  Looks like you deserve a big "well done" in advance; now I can enjoy cacko  
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103306\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
K, I think I'm done debugging this thing, it works both on C1000 and C3100 now. I will post in a separate thread.

Smuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2005, 10:24:22 am »
Sat down and did as suggested and I now have Cacko running Zdict probably - luvly.  Thanks Tomoe (and of course Sir maslovsky).  Next step is how to get that lovely Helvica font while still being able to use Japanese characters...

magicbb

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2005, 09:00:57 am »
anyone success in installing japanese-dict from the feed? I try to install, but an error message said" tar: Bad tar header, skipping
Zaurus C-1000, AmbiCom Wifi, Pdaxrom beta 3

Overgauss

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2005, 02:18:34 pm »
I would also like to install the memory trainer from the sharp rom, I used it a little fun to have. the Toeic english test, the golf and the other contents got erased of course, the train guide is not usefull at all, and the map are very low quality, so outside of the Zdict and the memory trainer I don't think the other original sharp tools deserve to be "rescued". Anyway, the main point, Zdict how to !
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I am glad I found this thread!

Speaking of memory trainers, the Japanese Nintendo DS has a [a href=\"http://ds.ign.com/objects/740/740437.html]Brain Trainer[/url] that has had me excited for quite awhile.  It seems it will  be coming to America in 2006.  Still I prefer the Japanese version since I am trying to learn the language. On the subject of Zdict and other more quirky(but fun!) Japanese software/games/books/manga, does anyone have any suggestions?  I want to be able to use my C1000 to immerse myself in Japanese(Chinese and Korean too!) electronic media and text.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:19:16 pm by Overgauss »

zanAspera

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2005, 02:41:56 am »
Is there going to be a version for the SL-C3000?   Or am I missing something.  I tried to use the Rom for the 3100, but it said that the ROM did not match the hardware.   I did not see any info about this in the Readme or FAQ...  

In searching I found a blog that says it's not suppored but iamasmith(Andy) is working on it?   How is it going?
SL-C3000 running pdaXrom rc12 for C3000
Seagate ST1 5GB microdrive
Generic 512M SD card