Author Topic: Mplayer On Hentges  (Read 1248 times)

Storm

• View Profile
    • http://
Mplayer On Hentges
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:51:36 pm »
One of the things that I noticed on Hentges was the fact that mplayer doesn't wind up forcing a reset of opie. I installed Crimson Fields, which required libSDL, libSDL-mixer and libSDL-ttf. Once I did that, mplayer would not play with a missing library call to libSDL error. So I ended up reinstalling mplayer, which was from the main OZ feed. Now when I run mplayer, it plays, but when it ends, it leaves a black screen, and I have to click where the O menu is and reset Opie. What is different between Hentges build of mplayer and the one in OZ, and what is the best way to get back to that functionality? Should I comment out the main OZ feeds and try removing and installing mplayer again, or is it a function of a special player script for Hentges?

Another question...I have a 1GB SD card. On a couple of occasions, I have done an ipkg install <pkg> rather than ipkg -d sd install <pkg>, which fills the internal ram. Then I have to go root out the offending files and reinstall. Does the order of the dest indicate the preferred locations to install?

Thanks,
--Storm
Zaurus SL-5500/Hentges OZ 3.5.4.1
Ambicom WL1100-CF wireless card
Desktop: Debian/GNU Linux (unstable)

lardman

• View Profile
    • http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/Zaurus/
Mplayer On Hentges
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 09:43:10 am »
Sounds like the original was outputting to SDL and the new one is outputting to the framebuffer - it should be as simple as passing a command line switch (look at the video on c7x0 howto on oz.org to see how) or putting this setting in the conf file.

Are you sure sdl wasn't already installed and you didn't overwrite it with an older/non-OZ version when you installed Crimson Fields?

Si
C750 OZ3.5.4 (GPE, 2.6.x kernel)
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
Serial GPS, WCF-12, Socket Ethernet & BT, Ratoc USB
WinXP, Mandriva