Author Topic: Usb Wireless With Ratoc Card  (Read 2729 times)

kakos

• View Profile
Usb Wireless With Ratoc Card
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:24:40 pm »
I have a USB Bluetooth and USB WiFi adapter laying around.  I recently got the CFU1 Ratoc USB Host card for my Zaurus (C860) and I was wondering if it is possible to use these devices with Zaurus and the USB Host card.  Any help or pointers are greatly apprecaited.

lardman

• View Profile
    • http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/Zaurus/
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:31:50 pm »
Which ROM are you running?

The short answer is that it is probably possible, assuming you can find and compile drivers for the BT and WiFi dongles.

Si
C750 OZ3.5.4 (GPE, 2.6.x kernel)
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
Serial GPS, WCF-12, Socket Ethernet & BT, Ratoc USB
WinXP, Mandriva

kakos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 06:33:10 pm »
Which ROM are you running?

The short answer is that it is probably possible, assuming you can find and compile drivers for the BT and WiFi dongles.

Si
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84128\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'm using the Cacko ROM.  Looking through the drivers, it looks like it comes with drivers for at least USB Bluetooth.  I can't quite get it to run though.

jgzhang

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 10:22:45 pm »
I have tried several BT and WiFi dongles with cfu1, but no success yet. It seems that cfu1 is not a 'complete' usb solution. At lease it does not work under USB isochronous mode (yet).

kakos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:30:08 pm »
So, I've been playing around with this a little bit.  The BlueZ driver that comes with Cacko ROM has a few drivers for USB communication.  I tried loading them, but to no avail, but I haven't played around with it fully.  Can anyone confirm whether I can get this to work or not?

lardman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:02:46 pm »
Do you have a cfu1 card?

Si
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
WinXP, Mandriva

kakos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:56:51 pm »
Do you have a cfu1 card?

Si
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yeah.  I have the CFU1 card.  Works great for memory sticks and the like.  I haven't been able to get it to work with my USB Bluetooth dongle.

lardman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 05:02:01 am »
Sorry, silly question, I should have read the previous posts again.

It may be that the drivers which come with bluez aren't the correct ones for the chipset in your BT dongle, then again it may be a limitation of the host driver. Do you know which it is?

I plugged my BT and WiFi dongles in the other day and neither worked (as expected) as I'd not installed any extra drivers. I will, in the fullness of time, work out what chipset and therefore driver they require and see if I can get them working. I'd be interested to hear whether the 2.4.18 cfu1-driver can drive these things anyway (due to the driver limitations) - I'm running 2.6.12-blah on my Z which is supposed to have a better implementation of the cfu1 driver.

Si
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
WinXP, Mandriva