Author Topic: Newbie Setup Plan On C860  (Read 2347 times)

mullin

• View Profile
Newbie Setup Plan On C860
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:04 pm »
Hi,

Just have my 2nd-hand C860 and want to watch video, listen to mp3, read PDF, some documentations (Word, Spreadsheet) and Internet browsing.

1. Install pdaXRom on the 512MB SD Card
2. Install other applications, e.g. (video, xPDF, openoffice, debian) on the 512MB SD Card
3. Put the mp3 files, video files, PDF files, text files to the large CF card (2GB) /Microdrive  (4GB), so that if need to use Wireless Lan Card or GRPS CF Card, just replace the CF card. and those files won't impact my system running

any comments and is it feasible? or directly install pdaXrom to the internal memory of C860, but i'm not sure does it have enough space and is it ok if i want to install debian on pdaXrom.

thanks!

omega

• View Profile
    • http://
Newbie Setup Plan On C860
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:33:33 pm »
Hi,

Install pdaxrom onto internal memory, it'll be too slow off sd. You won't need debian, as pdaxrom is a full linux. i.e. you can compile any applications you need for it onboard!

Movies are 320x240 on the 860... loads of info around here... pdaxrom comes with mplayer and xmms...  xpdf works as well.

enjoy!
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.