Author Topic: Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3  (Read 5665 times)

jnmonteiro

• View Profile
    • http://
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« on: June 06, 2005, 12:47:54 pm »
I am having a lot of trouble with zBedic finding my dictionaries.  I have tried several of the suggestions from various newsgroups.  From Settings & selecting the Dictionaries tab I select "Search for new dictionaries" and the search comes up empty.  The manual suggests clicking on dictionary files in the FileManager - that does not work.  One suggestion was to individually add each dictionary (with complete path) to zbedic.conf in the Settings directory (it works for one dictionary but for 2 this crashes).  I have tried using the command line but that does not work.  I tried using the 0.9.5 version with oz-compat & that does not work.

I keep my dictionaries in /mnt/card/home/root/Documents/applications/zbedic & I have linked to this directory in practically every directory older versions of zBedic searched for directory files.

What am I doing wrong???

tombraider

• View Profile
    • http://atoah.com/zaurus/
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:18:21 pm »
I am having a lot of trouble with zBedic finding my dictionaries.  I have tried several of the suggestions from various newsgroups.  From Settings & selecting the Dictionaries tab I select "Search for new dictionaries" and the search comes up empty.  The manual suggests clicking on dictionary files in the FileManager - that does not work.  One suggestion was to individually add each dictionary (with complete path) to zbedic.conf in the Settings directory (it works for one dictionary but for 2 this crashes).  I have tried using the command line but that does not work.  I tried using the 0.9.5 version with oz-compat & that does not work.

I keep my dictionaries in /mnt/card/home/root/Documents/applications/zbedic & I have linked to this directory in practically every directory older versions of zBedic searched for directory files.

What am I doing wrong???
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83027\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I know - very annoying that search for dictionaries doesn't work - works perfectly on my Sharp ROM.
So I had to add this extremely ridiculous long line to the zbedic.conf file.  Just use something like Homesite or anything that does extended find and replace to change the path to YOUR path and, of course just the names of the dictionaries you use.  I also have the wikipedia in a different path - on the cf card so change that or leave it out if you don't have wikipedia:

Code: [Select]
active-dictionaries = /media/cf/zbedic/wikipedia_en_20040610.dic.dz:/media/card/zbedic/en-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/enfr-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/enes-0.8.4.dic:/media/card/zbedic/fren-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/laen-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/esen-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/wikiquote_20040424.dic.dz:/media/card/zbedic/textbook_20040611.dic.dz:
See if that works for you.
Learning Chinese?  Have a Mac?  Try Hanzi Master: Download for free

Tombraider's Zaurus C1000 Tips Web Site

SL-3200 from Conics.net: Sharp ROM| SL-C1000: Pdaxrom Beta 3

waalkman

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 01:24:17 am »

Thanks! Just what I needed
C860, SMC Model SMC2642W, various sized memory cards

jnmonteiro

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:26:22 pm »
Thanks Tombraider!

It is long, takes time (to enter a bunch of dictionaries) but it works!

John

Hrw

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 05:57:31 pm »
try ~/Documents/application/bedic/
OpenZaurus 3.5.4x Release Manager
OpenEmbedded, Ångström, Poky developer
My website

Misc embedded hardware.

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 08:59:28 am »
I know - very annoying that search for dictionaries doesn't work - works perfectly on my Sharp ROM.
So I had to add this extremely ridiculous long line to the zbedic.conf file.  Just use something like Homesite or anything that does extended find and replace to change the path to YOUR path and, of course just the names of the dictionaries you use.  I also have the wikipedia in a different path - on the cf card so change that or leave it out if you don't have wikipedia:

Code: [Select]
active-dictionaries = /media/cf/zbedic/wikipedia_en_20040610.dic.dz:/media/card/zbedic/en-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/enfr-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/enes-0.8.4.dic:/media/card/zbedic/fren-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/laen-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/esen-0.8.3.dic:/media/card/zbedic/wikiquote_20040424.dic.dz:/media/card/zbedic/textbook_20040611.dic.dz:
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

A new release (0.9.6), which is due in a few days, will fix this problem. One would be able to choose where to look for dictionaries.
SL-C1000 w/ Cacko ROM 1.23

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 04:14:59 am »
A new release (0.9.6), which is due in a few days, will fix this problem. One would be able to choose where to look for dictionaries.
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Released!

Check [a href=\"http://bedic.sourceforge.net/]http://bedic.sourceforge.net/[/url]

jnmonteiro

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 01:38:45 pm »
Thanks!

I will check it out.

John

Hrw

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 02:48:33 am »
I will add it into upgrades feed.
My website

Misc embedded hardware.

Hrw

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 07:14:03 am »
@rafm:

Could you check in zbedic does it have small or large screen available? Currently we will have to combine how to make package which will look OK on QVGA (collie, poodle, many ipaqs), VGA (c7x0, tosa etc), SVGA (simpad) screen.

Also input for enter dictionary path would be better if it will be filerequester... but then which one?

OPIE version of zbedic would be nice...
My website

Misc embedded hardware.

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 05:04:22 am »
Could you check in zbedic does it have small or large screen available? Currently we will have to combine how to make package which will look OK on QVGA (collie, poodle, many ipaqs), VGA (c7x0, tosa etc), SVGA (simpad) screen.

Also input for enter dictionary path would be better if it will be filerequester... but then which one?

OPIE version of zbedic would be nice...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86156\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Re small/large screen: The only difference between SL5500 and Cx00 version is a set of icons. Under Sharp/CACKO ROM /opt/Qtopia/pics is for small screens and /opt/Qtopia/pics for large screens.  Then Qtopia call Resource::loadPixmap automatically selects the proper set of icons. I guess a similar mechanism should be under OZ.

One more thing that may differ between devices is the keyboard shortcuts. But this is why I added keyboard customization dialog.

Re filerequester: I could not find any standard file requester for Qtopia. If there is one for OZ, fell free to add #ifdef OZ and a proper piece of code, then send me a patch so I include it in the distribution.

xamindar

• View Profile
    • http://www.radnimax.com
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 06:27:34 am »
This new version is asking for qpe-base as a dependancy.  But I can't find it. Where is it?

*EDIT*  Ok, so I forced it to install and am using it with the compat libs.  Nice!  But the config dialog acts kind of strange.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 07:04:59 am by xamindar »
SL-C3100 happily Dualbooting Japanese Rom 1.02 and Debian Eabi
Replaced internal CF with 8gb seagate cf hard drive
Ambicom CF GPS
CyberPower battery powered USB hub
D-link DCF-650W (MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!!)

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 03:43:51 am »
*EDIT*  Ok, so I forced it to install and am using it with the compat libs.  Nice!  But the config dialog acts kind of strange.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94461\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I don't have OZ, nor the whole develop. env. so I can not check it. It would be nice if there was somebody taking care of OZ releases of zbedic and fixing all those incompatibilities.

Does anybody know why OZ feed has an ancient version of zbedic (zbedic_20041227-r1_a..)? Hrw made an OZ binary for at least 0.9.4 but I can not find it.

Hrw

• View Profile
Zbedic W/hentges Oz3.5.3
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 07:53:10 am »
My website

Misc embedded hardware.