Author Topic: Wireless Card Issue (linksys Wcf-12)  (Read 2598 times)

rodm13

• View Profile
Wireless Card Issue (linksys Wcf-12)
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:35:58 pm »
For some reason, my new Linksys WCF-12 CF card fails to work in managed/ad-hoc mode.  It works fine for Wellenreiter, but whenever I try to associate with my AP, it claims that the AP's MAC address is 44:44:44:44:44:44 (obviously not the right MAC).  The SSID that I set also appears, but blinks between the SSID and the SSID with a bunch of random characters after it.  If anyone knows how to resolve this, please respond.

Thanks.

rrnwexec

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:38:59 am »
Is your AP using WEP? If so, then you will need to enter your WEP key in the wireless configuration screen on your Zaurus.

Note that when entering the key in hex, do not preface with '0x' (as was necessary on the original control panel that was provided by Sharp)

Best Regards,
Randall.

--

For some reason, my new Linksys WCF-12 CF card fails to work in managed/ad-hoc mode.  It works fine for Wellenreiter, but whenever I try to associate with my AP, it claims that the AP's MAC address is 44:44:44:44:44:44 (obviously not the right MAC).  The SSID that I set also appears, but blinks between the SSID and the SSID with a bunch of random characters after it.  If anyone knows how to resolve this, please respond.

Thanks.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
--
6000, 5600, 5500, 1000
pdaXrom, OZ/GPE, OZ/Opie, Sharp ROM
Too many gadgets to mention

Brian Hursey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 10:31:47 pm »
For some reason, my new Linksys WCF-12 CF card fails to work in managed/ad-hoc mode.  It works fine for Wellenreiter, but whenever I try to associate with my AP, it claims that the AP's MAC address is 44:44:44:44:44:44 (obviously not the right MAC).  The SSID that I set also appears, but blinks between the SSID and the SSID with a bunch of random characters after it.  If anyone knows how to resolve this, please respond.

Thanks.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I am having the same exact problem.  I can not get it to acess my point no matter what I do I still get weard characters on the essid and i get no conection... cardctl ident sees my card.   I am not happy I asume nothing is wrong with the hardware when the os sees the card and it flasses the lights. My system is open with no wep.
Zaurus SL-5500
OZ 3.5.3 / Opie 1.2.0 -> hentges.net
Sandisk 64mb SD card
Crucial 64mb CF card

Brian Hursey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 10:05:02 am »

Thanks.

I am having the same exact problem.  I can not get it to acess my point no matter what I do I still get weard characters on the essid and i get no conection... cardctl ident sees my card.   I am not happy I asume nothing is wrong with the hardware when the os sees the card and it flasses the lights. My system is open with no wep.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90903\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I am going to send the card back because it wont work with sharps 3.13 rom and it should work right out of the box with that rom.
Zaurus SL-5500
OZ 3.5.3 / Opie 1.2.0 -> hentges.net
Sandisk 64mb SD card
Crucial 64mb CF card